Topics

heard on 17 meters

Paul Goemans

Hello gang,
  I just heard the legendary Chuck Adams K7QO work 4A50CRH on 17 meter CW. I assume he was QRP! FYI Chuck originated the long-running QRP-L email list reflector that I joined in 1994. A great incubator of earlier QRP design, clubs and on-air events. That list continues today under different sponsorship. Is anyone here on that list? It seems to be rudderless as I have tried to rejoin several times over the past few years and get no response from the moderator.

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

WB5CTS/M "Hutch"

Hi Paul,w
Just got an email from Chuck with details on his rig, ant and results on 17m.
RE:
chuck adams <chuck.adams.k7qo@...>
To:Steve Hutcherson

Thu, Oct 15 at 4:41 PM

Look at www.k7qo.com and the WAS and DXCC maps.  Worked Russia,
Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico and Australia this week with 4W
using the KitsAndParts 5W-17.  Running 4W with 14V on the power supply.
Rotatable Dipole at 7 meters.

 I'm on both mornings and later from Phoenix(Sun City) in the
afternoon when the band is in good shape.  SF=75 gives good results.
Spot me on the Reverse Beacon Network.
Chuck

Adam Allen

I just joined QRP-L a couple days ago.  Got the approval within a few hours.   Someone must be running it now.

To:Steve Hutcherson

Thu, Oct 15 at 4:41 PM

Look at www.k7qo.com and the WAS and DXCC maps.  Worked Russia,
Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico and Australia this week with 4W
using the KitsAndParts 5W-17.  Running 4W with 14V on the power supply.
Rotatable Dipole at 7 meters.

 I'm on both mornings and later from Phoenix(Sun City) in the
afternoon when the band is in good shape.  SF=75 gives good results.
Spot me on the Reverse Beacon Network.
Chuck

WB5CTS/M "Hutch"

Adam,

Thank you for the heads-up. In the past I have had the same experience with QRP-L as Paul. I will try again..

72, Steve   aka. "Hutch"
WB5CTS/M