Help needed

David Hurley

Hello group,
I am new to ham radio and electronics. I need some help with the Pacific Antenna Mini SWR indicator. I have it assembled but that's as far as I can get. I also have a Cricket 20m transceiver and a Pacific Antenna Di-pole 20/40m antenna. Any help would be appreciated.

David KO4WSU

AG1P Ron

David,

Did you try contacting Pacific Antenna? They are pretty good about answering support questions.

72 - Ron - AG1P

4SQRP Volunteer Co-Moderator

4SQRP Volunteer Webmaster

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:main@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Hurley via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2022 11:31 AM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: [4SQRP] Help needed

Hello group,

I am new to ham radio and electronics. I need some help with the Pacific Antenna Mini SWR indicator. I have it assembled but that's as far as I can get. I also have a Cricket 20m transceiver and a Pacific Antenna Di-pole 20/40m antenna. Any help would be appreciated.

David KO4WSU

Stan Levandowski

There's not much to screw up with the $5 kit.  Since you are "new" to electronics I will assume you are "new" to soldering also.  Reheat all your solder joints.  Then check for tiny, almost imperceptible solder bridges.  Make sure you installed the LED with correct polarity.  The instructions give very good step by step tests.  It's a simple but effective QRP accessory.  Good luck de Stan WB2LQF

On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 2:36 PM AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

David,

Did you try contacting Pacific Antenna? They are pretty good about answering support questions.

72 - Ron - AG1P

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:main@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Hurley via groups.io

Hello group,

David KO4WSU

N5VMO Pat

Here is a link to the PDF kit installation =)

On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 2:01 PM Stan Levandowski <levandowskistan@...> wrote:
There's not much to screw up with the $5 kit.  Since you are "new" to electronics I will assume you are "new" to soldering also.  Reheat all your solder joints.  Then check for tiny, almost imperceptible solder bridges.  Make sure you installed the LED with correct polarity.  The instructions give very good step by step tests.  It's a simple but effective QRP accessory.  Good luck de Stan WB2LQF

David,

72 - Ron - AG1P

Hello group,

David KO4WSU

--
73's Pat  N5VMO

David Hurley

I did, no response

On Apr 16, 2022, at 2:36 PM, AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

David,

72 - Ron - AG1P

Hello group,

David KO4WSU

David Hurley

I have assembled two crickets. i made a few mistakes soldering on  the first one. I am pretty confident the assembly is good. I don't know how to use it. How do I connect it to the cricket or di-pole antenna?

On Apr 16, 2022, at 3:01 PM, Stan Levandowski <levandowskistan@...> wrote:

David,

72 - Ron - AG1P

Hello group,

David KO4WSU

Stan Levandowski

David, you have to obtain two female BNC jacks.  You connect one to the TX pads and the other to the ANT pads.  Then you plug your male BNC cable from your transmitter to the TX female BNC jack and the male BNC coming from whatever antenna you are using to the female ANT BNC jack.  The kit didn't provide any jacks because many builders might choose to incorporate the mini SWR indicator directly into their equipment. Hope this helps

On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 3:33 PM David Hurley via groups.io <dhurley8=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have assembled two crickets. i made a few mistakes soldering on  the first one. I am pretty confident the assembly is good. I don't know how to use it. How do I connect it to the cricket or di-pole antenna?

On Apr 16, 2022, at 3:01 PM, Stan Levandowski <levandowskistan@...> wrote:

David,

72 - Ron - AG1P

Hello group,

David KO4WSU

Curt

David well erect your antenna and see if you receive signals. I suggest trying 40m, adjust the tuner while receiving to get loudest noise. If you can adjust it for louder noise, it may be working. 

If all is good receiving then try transmit. See if this tuner has a tune function?  This reduces stress on rig while adjusting. Follow instructions to get a good match. 

Wonderful to have a new ham doing qrp with us. Private email me using the button if you need more help. 

Curt wb8yyy 

Dave Fine

David,

You didn't say exactly what you are having problems with.  Is it not working or do you have some question about how to use it.  It would help if you could be a little more specific than "I need help".

Dave, W0DF

--
Dave - W0DF

David Hurley

Dave,
I needed help with connecting the SWR to the Cricket but I think I have the answer now. Thanks for the response tho. 
David

On Apr 16, 2022, at 19:05, Dave Fine <dfine100@...> wrote:

David,

You didn't say exactly what you are having problems with.  Is it not working or do you have some question about how to use it.  It would help if you could be a little more specific than "I need help".

Dave, W0DF

--
Dave - W0DF

PhilKE3FL

What kind of help do you need? What is wrong?
--
73 de KE3FL
Phil Karras
http://cs.yrex.com/ke3fl