From: main@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:main@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Hurley via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2022 11:31 AM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: [4SQRP] Help needed

Hello group,

I am new to ham radio and electronics. I need some help with the Pacific Antenna Mini SWR indicator. I have it assembled but that's as far as I can get. I also have a Cricket 20m transceiver and a Pacific Antenna Di-pole 20/40m antenna. Any help would be appreciated.

73,

David KO4WSU

Stan Levandowski

There's not much to screw up with the $5 kit.  Since you are "new" to electronics I will assume you are "new" to soldering also.  Reheat all your solder joints.  Then check for tiny, almost imperceptible solder bridges.  Make sure you installed the LED with correct polarity.  The instructions give very good step by step tests.  It's a simple but effective QRP accessory.  Good luck de Stan WB2LQF

On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 2:36 PM AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

David,

Did you try contacting Pacific Antenna? They are pretty good about answering support questions.

72 - Ron - AG1P

4SQRP Volunteer Co-Moderator

4SQRP Volunteer Webmaster

I am new to ham radio and electronics. I need some help with the Pacific Antenna Mini SWR indicator. I have it assembled but that's as far as I can get. I also have a Cricket 20m transceiver and a Pacific Antenna Di-pole 20/40m antenna. Any help would be appreciated.

73,

David KO4WSU

N5VMO Pat

Here is a link to the PDF kit installation =)

--
73's Pat  N5VMO

David Hurley

I did, no response

On Apr 16, 2022, at 2:36 PM, AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

David,

Did you try contacting Pacific Antenna? They are pretty good about answering support questions.

72 - Ron - AG1P

4SQRP Volunteer Co-Moderator

4SQRP Volunteer Webmaster

I am new to ham radio and electronics. I need some help with the Pacific Antenna Mini SWR indicator. I have it assembled but that's as far as I can get. I also have a Cricket 20m transceiver and a Pacific Antenna Di-pole 20/40m antenna. Any help would be appreciated.

73,

David KO4WSU

David Hurley

I have assembled two crickets. i made a few mistakes soldering on  the first one. I am pretty confident the assembly is good. I don't know how to use it. How do I connect it to the cricket or di-pole antenna?

On Apr 16, 2022, at 3:01 PM, Stan Levandowski <levandowskistan@...> wrote:

[...]

David, you have to obtain two female BNC jacks.  You connect one to the TX pads and the other to the ANT pads.  Then you plug your male BNC cable from your transmitter to the TX female BNC jack and the male BNC coming from whatever antenna you are using to the female ANT BNC jack.  The kit didn't provide any jacks because many builders might choose to incorporate the mini SWR indicator directly into their equipment. Hope this helps