Thanks, 72
Johnny ACØBQ
--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Timothy East

Johnny, forgive my ignorance but what does this filter do?

Tim
K0EMP

On Dec 22, 2020, at 16:20, Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:

Ge group
After a long delay which I apologize for, the Hiper Mite CW filter is back on the shelf.

Here is the link for the order page.

Thanks, 72
Johnny ACØBQ
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

n4mj

Tim,
May I suggest clicking on the hyperlink below and reading the description of 'what it does'.
73 de n4mj//glenn

  Thank you!

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello Tim
It’s a narrow audio filter for CW.
I think it narrows down to 200 Hz?
It will work with any radio since it’s filter the audio output.

We have one that is wider for SSB, but I’m not finished kitting these yet.
Happy Holidays Tim
72
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Timothy East

Thanks Johnny. I’ve not done enough CW to think heavily about a filter.

I like the idea though and also the SSB filter sounds great.

Thanks

Tim
K0EMP

Ps- hope to see you and the wife at some meetings. We are zooming now.

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge Tim
I will have them back in stock in a couple of days.

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

John

Am I the only one that finds narrow filters unpleasant to listen to? Whether they're implemented digitally, mechanically,  with crystals, at the IF, or in the audio chain, narrow filters really are hard for me to listen to for extended periods of time.

They're great during the CQWWDX contest at night on 40M (the ultimate filter battleground and dynamic range test) but I turn them off as soon as I can otherwise.    I don't understand the physics of the objectionable "whoosh" they generate but...

John K5MO

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com