Topics

Hi-Per-Mite Question

Mark Hansen

I plan to incorporate the HPM into my Bayou Jumper which is currently under construction. What is the proper configuration as far as audio gain - should I build the HPM with gain, or with 0 gain?
It will be wired in to the circuit as described with the recommended SPDT toggle switch.

Thanks - Mark WA0RXR

Johnny AC0BQ

Gm Mark
I built mine with zero gain.
It seems to be a good middle of the road.
I guess you could add gain if your trung to run a speaker,bu the Zero gain is good for headphones.

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 7:41 AM Mark Hansen <iowasailor726@...> wrote:
I plan to incorporate the HPM into my Bayou Jumper which is currently under construction. What is the proper configuration as far as audio gain - should I build the HPM with gain, or with 0 gain?
 It will be wired in to the circuit as described with the recommended SPDT toggle switch.

Thanks - Mark  WA0RXR

Curt

The higher gain should only be appropriate to integrate into rigs that are short in audio gain. I also suggest 0 dB.

If you did decide to introduce a speaker, its the matter of having enough power to drive the speaker. Note amplified speakers account for the power needed. Since this is a covert radio, I suggest staying with headphone audio (-:

Curt