Topics

moderated I've received a scam e-mail that says I'm suspended

I received an e-mail purportedly from 4SQRP Owner saying I am or will be suspended from this site because I supposedly sent a spam e-mail which appears to be about a 40 meter endorsement for Bert Banlier F6HKA.  No such e-mail came from this computer.

Has anyone else on here gotten anything like this?  It couldn't be a phishing e-mail inasmuch as I haven't bought or sold anything here, so the scammer wouldn't get into my bank, credit card, etc. if I stupidly clicked on on if the blue links in that e-mail.  One of them was the message about the award...they could have copied a legitimate 4SQRP award message title and are using it as the title of a link to some sort of malware.  The other link was "Resume Subscription"

I haven't deleted the message yet, as I don't know if someone, the owner or moderator wants to review it or has some instruction on some e-mail address where I should forward it so the source can be tracked.

EuGene Smith, KA5NLY

Johnny AC0BQ

Not yet,
And I hope I don’t !!
72
Johnny

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Tom Sevart

On 1/12/2021 15:33, bigusmith via groups.io wrote:
[...]

DO NOT click on any links in a suspicious email like this. You could infect your computer with a virus or malware.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Tim N9PUZ

Thanks for the input everyone. I think ee have it all sorted out.

Back to our regular programming!

73,

Tim N9PUZ
4SQRP Co-Moderator