Topics

IARU Region 2 Seeks Input on HF Band Plan

Cliff Fox (KU4GW)

ARRL is seeking input to proposed band plan changes in the upcoming IARU
convention in Mexico. Everyone needs to read the proposed changes, and
voice any support or opposition as you see fit. The proposals can be
href="http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-band-plan&#92;
"><font color="#9136ad"><font face="Arial, sans-serif"><font
size="4"><u>http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-ban&#92;
color="#000000"><font face="Arial, sans-serif"><font size="4">ITU Region
2 hams, especially CW and digital mode operators better be for
submitting any comments quickly to oppose putting our 40 meter bandplan
in step with either ITU region 1 or 3! There is a March 1st deadline for
submitting comments! I have already submitted mine in opposition. Submit
them ASAP to bandplan2013@... Other member nations of ITU Region 2
can get the contact info for their ITU go to person at
color="#9136ad"><font face="Arial, sans-serif"><font
face="Arial, sans-serif"><font size="4">There is one change that
concerns me deeply. Currently, 40M narrow band modes are used from 7,000
KHz to 7,125 KHz. The proposal is to cut this down to a 40 KHz section
from 7,000 KHz to 7,040 KHz. Please get involved by voicing your
opinion! Please share this information with all your amateur radio

Don Jackson

The
seen here: http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-band-plan&#92;
<http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-band-plan>">size="4">http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-ban&#92;
d-plan <http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-band-plan>color="#000000">ITU Region
2 hams, especially CW and digital mode operators better be for
submitting any comments quickly to oppose putting our 40 meter bandplan
in step with either ITU region 1 or 3! There is a March 1st deadline for
submitting comments! I have already submitted mine in opposition. Submit
them ASAP to bandplan2013@... <mailto:bandplan2013%40arrl.org> Other member nations of ITU Region 2
can get the contact info for their ITU go to person at
http://www.iaru-r2.org/directory/">color="#9136ad">size="4">http://www.iaru-r2.org/directory/</&#92;
a>face="Arial, sans-serif">There is one change that
concerns me deeply. Currently, 40M narrow band modes are used from 7,000
KHz to 7,125 KHz. The proposal is to cut this down to a 40 KHz section
from 7,000 KHz to 7,040 KHz. Please get involved by voicing your
opinion! Please share this information with all your amateur radio
friends ASAP! Very 73 de KU4GW

Hi Cliff,

Just what are your reasons for objection to the proposed band plan?

Don AE5K

Scotty Long <nu0s@...>

I put my two cents in for what it's worth in a brief e mail. I have lost faith in the government doing the right thing.

Scotty/NU0S

Don AE5K wrote:

On 02/19/2013 07:18 AM, KU4GW Cliff wrote:

> The
> ARRL is seeking input to proposed band plan changes in the upcoming IARU
> convention in Mexico. Everyone needs to read the proposed changes, and
> voice any support or opposition as you see fit. The proposals can be
> seen here:
> http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-band-plan\
> http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-band-planhttp://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-ban\
> d-plan
> http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-band-plan>color="#000000">ITU
> Region
> 2 hams, especially CW and digital mode operators better be for
> submitting any comments quickly to oppose putting our 40 meter bandplan
> in step with either ITU region 1 or 3! There is a March 1st deadline for
> submitting comments! I have already submitted mine in opposition. Submit
> them ASAP to bandplan2013@...
> Other member nations of ITU Region 2
> can get the contact info for their ITU go to person at
> http://www.iaru-r2.org/directory/">color="#9136ad">size="4">http://www.iaru-r2.org/directory/ > a>face="Arial, sans-serif">There is one change that
> concerns me deeply. Currently, 40M narrow band modes are used from 7,000
> KHz to 7,125 KHz. The proposal is to cut this down to a 40 KHz section
> from 7,000 KHz to 7,040 KHz. Please get involved by voicing your
> opinion! Please share this information with all your amateur radio
> friends ASAP! Very 73 de KU4GW

Hi Cliff,

Just what are your reasons for objection to the proposed band plan?

Don AE5K

Don Jackson

What government? No government involved on this.

On 02/19/2013 09:23 AM, Scotty Long wrote:

I put my two cents in for what it's worth in a brief e mail. I have lost faith in the government doing the right thing.

Scotty/NU0S

/Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID/

<http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-band-plan>> http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-band-planhttp://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-ban&#92;
[...]

Insert (Organization, entity) what ever works HI...

* On 2013 19 Feb 07:19 -0600, KU4GW Cliff wrote:
[...]
Could we please utilize Plain Text for messages to this list? Not all
of us use graphical mail programs (not having used one for well over a
decade, I see no reason to go back) nor do we read the messages
exclusively through the Web interface.

Thank you.

72, de Nate >>

Adrian Flynn

Mean you don't trust that DICTATOR obama? Why not!
Adrian KF7DYU

Don AE5K <donj@...> wrote:

On 02/19/2013 07:18 AM, KU4GW Cliff wrote:

> The
> ARRL is seeking input to proposed band plan changes in the upcoming IARU
> convention in Mexico. Everyone needs to read the proposed changes, and
> voice any support or opposition as you see fit. The proposals can be
> seen here:
> http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-band-plan\
> http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-band-planhttp://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-ban\
> d-plan
> http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-band-plan>color="#000000">ITU
> Region
> 2 hams, especially CW and digital mode operators better be for
> submitting any comments quickly to oppose putting our 40 meter bandplan
> in step with either ITU region 1 or 3! There is a March 1st deadline for
> submitting comments! I have already submitted mine in opposition. Submit
> them ASAP to bandplan2013@...
> Other member nations of ITU Region 2
> can get the contact info for their ITU go to person at
> http://www.iaru-r2.org/directory/">color="#9136ad">size="4">http://www.iaru-r2.org/directory/ > a>face="Arial, sans-serif">There is one change that
> concerns me deeply. Currently, 40M narrow band modes are used from 7,000
> KHz to 7,125 KHz. The proposal is to cut this down to a 40 KHz section
> from 7,000 KHz to 7,040 KHz. Please get involved by voicing your
> opinion! Please share this information with all your amateur radio
> friends ASAP! Very 73 de KU4GW

Hi Cliff,

Just what are your reasons for objection to the proposed band plan?

Don AE5K

Scotty Long <nu0s@...>

Sorry don't want to go political in any way that was not my intention. I just hope for positive output from our input...HI...
73/Scotty/NU0S

Don AE5K <donj@...> wrote:

On 02/19/2013 07:18 AM, KU4GW Cliff wrote:

> The
> ARRL is seeking input to proposed band plan changes in the upcoming IARU
> convention in Mexico. Everyone needs to read the proposed changes, and
> voice any support or opposition as you see fit. The proposals can be
> seen here:
> http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-band-plan\
> http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-band-planhttp://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-ban\
> d-plan
> http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-band-plan>color="#000000">ITU
> Region
> 2 hams, especially CW and digital mode operators better be for
> submitting any comments quickly to oppose putting our 40 meter bandplan
> in step with either ITU region 1 or 3! There is a March 1st deadline for
> submitting comments! I have already submitted mine in opposition. Submit
> them ASAP to bandplan2013@...
> Other member nations of ITU Region 2
> can get the contact info for their ITU go to person at
> http://www.iaru-r2.org/directory/">color="#9136ad">size="4">http://www.iaru-r2.org/directory/ > a>face="Arial, sans-serif">There is one change that
> concerns me deeply. Currently, 40M narrow band modes are used from 7,000
> KHz to 7,125 KHz. The proposal is to cut this down to a 40 KHz section
> from 7,000 KHz to 7,040 KHz. Please get involved by voicing your
> opinion! Please share this information with all your amateur radio
> friends ASAP! Very 73 de KU4GW

Hi Cliff,

Just what are your reasons for objection to the proposed band plan?

Don AE5K

Michael McShan <n5jky@...>

I think it is important to focus on those who will actually be involved in the decision making: the FCC, ARRL, and IARU.  Whether you like the President or not, he will probably not weigh in on this issue one way or another.

And, on a more QRP note, I just received an HB-1B from Ten Tec to play with… maybe I'll get a chance tonight.

72,
Mike N5JKY
Oklahoma City

On Feb 19, 2013, at 2:32 PM, Adrian Flynn <adrianjamesflynn@...> wrote:

Mean you don't trust that DICTATOR obama? Why not!
Adrian KF7DYU

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Scotty Long <nu0s@...> wrote:

I put my two cents in for what it's worth in a brief e mail. I have lost faith in the government doing the right thing.

Scotty/NU0S

.

Scotty Long <nu0s@...>

Yes I agree I hope to get more solder time on the K1 tonight... hard to balance building and operating.

Scotty/NU0S