Topics

intro

Dg Arnholt <dgarnholt@...>

hello my name is dennis my call is wd9dwe i just joined this group. i use an r4020  5 watts and g5rv  and a ts440s and a century 21 ...where do a lot you operate? i like 40 and 80 best..
does this group have numbered members like naqcc/ do they hold sprints/ or just rag chew around certain areas..
i am a rag chewer..not much of a builder just an operator sorry to dissapoint..
the kit you sell sounds like fun..but i figure if i was to build it wouldnt do so hot i dont solder well..cant see so good..i'd burn the components..
i look forward to hearing you all on the bands..
73/72 dennis wd9dwe

Wayne Dillon

Good morning Dennis and welcome to 4SQRP. We hang out on some nets on a Wednesday evening on both 40 and 80 so I hope that suites (3.564 and 7.122 both +/- QRM) and there's generally someone on most of the time some time of the day or evening. I look forward to working you Dennis.
The R4020 is a FB radio, worked a guy last evening with one. So you don't build, so what? we're here to exchange info and ideas but we're mainly here to have fun and get on the air. They're a grand bunch of folks here, I'm sure you'll get a few more welcomes as the day progresses.
Don't forget to keep and eye on the web page for additional info, also QRPSpots will keep you abreast of who's on the air.
Again welcome, we're glad to have you here - enjoy!
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Dg Arnholt <dgarnholt@...> wrote:

hello my name is dennis my call is wd9dwe i just joined this group. i use an r4020  5 watts and g5rv  and a ts440s and a century 21 ...where do a lot you operate? i like 40 and 80 best..
does this group have numbered members like naqcc/ do they hold sprints/ or just rag chew around certain areas..
i am a rag chewer..not much of a builder just an operator sorry to dissapoint..
the kit you sell sounds like fun..but i figure if i was to build it wouldnt do so hot i dont solder well..cant see so good..i'd burn the components..
i look forward to hearing you all on the bands..
73/72 dennis wd9dwe

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192

Rich Fowler <k8meg@...>

Welcome Dennis,
You are in good company as a lot of us can't see very good unless aided by magnifiers. Have unsteady hands who solder by using props and going back over a soldering joint hoping to get right this time.

There are several on the air activities on 40 and 80 so you will have opportunity to connect with the guys here. Others will give you details, I'm sure.

72,
Rich K8MEG

David Martin <davemrtn@...>

wb9dlc <wb9dlc@...>

Hello Dennis

I see that we have QSO'd a couple times over the past 8 years (man, time sure flies).

You did get a 4SQRP number when you joined this group - just no one probably told you what it was. At least that was my case.

It will show up here: http://www.4sqrp.com/w25.php at some point I think (it is not there at this moment).

Hope to hear you on the air - 7030+/- or somewhere.

73/72

Mike - wb9dlc
http;//wb9dlc.com

--- In 4sqrp@..., Dg Arnholt <dgarnholt@...> wrote:

hello my name is dennis my call is wd9dwe i just joined this group. i use an r4020  5 watts and g5rv  and a ts440s and a century 21 ...where do a lot you operate? i like 40 and 80 best..
does this group have numbered members like naqcc/ do they hold sprints/ or just rag chew around certain areas..
i am a rag chewer..not much of a builder just an operator sorry to dissapoint..
the kit you sell sounds like fun..but i figure if i was to build it wouldnt do so hot i dont solder well..cant see so good..i'd burn the components..
i look forward to hearing you all on the bands..
73/72 dennis wd9dwe

Dg Arnholt <dgarnholt@...>

thanks dave saved in favorites for quick peaking..

David Martin - K5DCM - Mountain Home Ar.

Quoting Dg Arnholt :

hello my name is dennis my call is wd9dwe i just joined this group. i use an r4020  5 watts and g5rv  and a ts440s and a century 21 ..where do a lot you operate? i like 40 and 80 best..
does this group have numbered members like naqcc/ do they hold sprints/ or just rag chew around certain areas..
i am a rag chewer..not much of a builder just an operator sorry to dissapoint..
the kit you sell sounds like fun..but i figure if i was to build it wouldnt do so hot i dont solder well..cant see so good..i'd burn the components..
i look forward to hearing you all on the bands..
73/72 dennis wd9dwe

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello Dennis
Welcome to the 4S QRP group.
I am sure we have worked many times down through the years, I have ran the CW circuit of Fists, SKCC and the like, as I am sure most of us here have. There is one thing for sure, this is by FAR  the friendliest and helpful group you will ever join up with!!
Most us us are active builders, some operate more than others, but most of all we all love QRP and have a lot of fun doing it!
72 from SE Ks
Johnny AC0BQ,   ex KC0PRV

--- In 4sqrp@..., Dg Arnholt wrote:

> hello my name is dennis my call is wd9dwe i just joined this group. i use an r4020  5 watts and g5rv  and a ts440s and a century 21 ...where do a lot you operate? i like 40 and 80 best..

> does this group have numbered members like naqcc/ do they hold sprints/ or just rag chew around certain areas..
> i am a rag chewer..not much of a builder just an operator sorry to dissapoint..
> the kit you sell sounds like fun..but i figure if i was to build it wouldnt do so hot i dont solder well..cant see so good..i'd burn the components..
> i look forward to hearing you all on the bands..
> 73/72 dennis wd9dwe

Dg Arnholt <dgarnholt@...>

i'll be Johnny!!! good hear from you old son..we used to talk often before i moved to an apartment in 2010 ..
yep i always liked hearing your bug.. you should far enough we can make it on 20 ..i'm around 14060 and skcc still..
7042 alot 7114  7123 with the sunrise net if i dont decide to snooze a while.. i retired 2 yrs back  ..
indeed i look for you soon.. kinda gives me more incintive to use that r4020 lol ..idk ..i kinda wonder about my mfj g5rv .. it loads 40 and 20 and 80 not 15..