Inverted vee EFHW

Mlike McEwen

Anyone using an EFHW Par 10.20.40 as an inverted vee? How high above ground for the ends is sufficient?

72/73 Doc K5OSA

John - KK4ITX

I have a homebrew EFHW and find that 4ft above ground ends work for portable deployment quite well.  If set up as a sloper I have used both 20 & 33ft masts.

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

--
John, KK4ITX       # 1603

Jim Upson

I am 95% portable….SOTA…..so my experience is based on being in nice quiet surroundings…..
Also, my “Par” EFHW from LNR precision (now Vibroplex) is the 40/20 EFHW…but I assume an EFHW is an EFHW liking similar set-ups ……
When on SOTA outings, I usually tie the ends to tree branches  around 4-6-feet above ground (easy reach)…

For backup plans, I have a guying kit for my hiking poles from SOTABEAMS and if I am at a local park or in my home yard with a temporary setup, I’ll use ~3-foot electric fence post (as I have no trees for tie-off points)….here are links:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002YIJTQC/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_glt_fabc_1W5NECDKV22YPBCVW9KX?psc=1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sotabeams.co.uk/amp/walking-pole-guying-kit/

73, Jim / AC3B

Jim Long

I have the Par EFHW for 20, 30 and 40 and I got into Italy last week on 20mtrs CW with it.  It is about 10-12 feet above the ground.

Jim

Mlike McEwen

Excellent work...and good info...After a recent Dr visit I'm looking and some simple antenna options...

72/73 Doc K5OSA

On Mon, Aug 30, 2021, 7:48 PM Jim Long <jphiliplong@...> wrote:
I have the Par EFHW for 20, 30 and 40 and I got into Italy last week on 20mtrs CW with it.  It is about 10-12 feet above the ground.

Jim

Curt

Doc

I use an 80m efhw as one of my home station antennas. The middle is over a tree limb at 30 some feet. The coax end is up about 15 feet, maybe only 5 feet on the far end. I think the inverted V helps my 80m radiation, for dx its often better than my short vertical.

Curt