locked Is there a Daily Summary mode for htis group?

Philip Karras <ke3fl@...>

Either I never received an email with all the commands for this group or I deleted it/never saved it.

If there is one please send it again.

If not I want to know how to change from individual email mode to daily summary mode. 

If that's not possible how do I stop my membership?

Tnx es 73 de KE3FL,
Phil
ARRL OES, ORS, & VE
ARRL Life Member

Jim Sheldon

At the bottom of this message is a link to “Your Subscription”.  Follow that link and you can set your preferences or unsubscribe.  

W0EB

On Feb 27, 2021, at 1:43 PM, Philip Karras via groups.io <ke3fl@...> wrote:

Either I never received an email with all the commands for this group or I deleted it/never saved it.

If not I want to know how to change from individual email mode to daily summary mode. 

Tnx es 73 de KE3FL,
Phil
ARRL OES, ORS, & VE
ARRL Life Member

AG1P Ron

GM Phil,

Log into your groups.io account if not alredy logged in. Go to the 4SQRP Group. On the left side menu, click on subscription and you can change your preferences. I would do it for you but groups.io security only permits you to make that change.

72 - Ron - AG1P

4SQRP Volunteer co-moderator

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:main@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of Philip Karras via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2021 11:44 AM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: [4SQRP] Is there a Daily Summary mode for htis group?

Tnx es 73 de KE3FL,

Phil

ARRL OES, ORS, & VE

ARRL Life Member

Jim,

True, but the preferences do NOT have a daily or weekly summary, in fact there is no way to change (other than muting a particular topic) how often I receive messages from the group and I don't want to mute any topic, yet.

If someone writes something I get it right away. The only time I might want that is if I need a quick answer. Most of the time I don't need an answer ASAP next day is usually quick enough even for that.

Am I missing something? I only see:

PREFERENCES --------
Display Preferences
  Timezone
  Time Display
  Date Display
  Monday Start (week starts on Monday not Sunday)
Editor Preference (HTML/MarkDown/Plain Text)
Email Preferences (do I want a copy of my own email or not)

73 de KE3FL,
Phil
ARRL OES, ORS, & VE
ARRL Life Member

On Saturday, February 27, 2021, 2:50:01 PM EST, Jim Sheldon <w0eb@...> wrote:

At the bottom of this message is a link to “Your Subscription”.  Follow that link and you can set your preferences or unsubscribe.  

W0EB

Tnx es 73 de KE3FL,
Phil
ARRL OES, ORS, & VE
ARRL Life Member

Jim Sheldon

As Ron said, you have to be logged into your own groups.io account.  Then you will see everything you want to be able to do.  Forgot to mention that.  

On Feb 27, 2021, at 2:07 PM, Philip Karras via groups.io <ke3fl@...> wrote:

Jim,

True, but the preferences do NOT have a daily or weekly summary, in fact there is no way to change (other than muting a particular topic) how often I receive messages from the group and I don't want to mute any topic, yet.

If someone writes something I get it right away. The only time I might want that is if I need a quick answer. Most of the time I don't need an answer ASAP next day is usually quick enough even for that.

PREFERENCES --------
Display Preferences
  Timezone
  Time Display
  Date Display

73 de KE3FL,
Phil
ARRL OES, ORS, & VE
ARRL Life Member

W0EB

Tnx es 73 de KE3FL,
Phil
ARRL OES, ORS, & VE
ARRL Life Member

Jim Sheldon

If you are logged in, click on subscription and you should see —-

Email Delivery
Individual MessagesYou will receive each message in an individual email.
Full Featured DigestGroup up to 12 messages together as one email instead of being sent individually (rich formatting).
Plain DigestGroup up to 12 messages together as one email instead of being sent individually (plain formatting).
Daily SummaryYou will receive a daily summary, delivered in the morning, of the group's messages from the previous day.
Special Notices OnlyYou will only receive special notices from the moderators.
No EmailYou will receive no emails.

Jim,

PREFERENCES --------
Display Preferences
  Timezone
  Time Display
  Date Display

73 de KE3FL,
Phil
ARRL OES, ORS, & VE
ARRL Life Member

W0EB

Tnx es 73 de KE3FL,
Phil
ARRL OES, ORS, & VE
ARRL Life Member

Ron,

Thanks but there is no such option on the page I see. Here is the menu for my "Account":

->] Login
Preferneces
Identity
Notificatins (ONLY about notification not the email)
Other Services (None found)
Recent Bounces
Billing

None of these including "Preferences" have anything with selecting a mode of receiving the email.

Ron,

Thanks but there is no such option on the page I see. Here is the menu for my "Account":

Tnx es 73 de KE3FL,
Phil
-----

On Saturday, February 27, 2021, 2:55:47 PM EST, AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

GM Phil,

Log into your groups.io account if not alredy logged in. Go to the 4SQRP Group. On the left side menu, click on subscription and you can change your preferences. I would do it for you but groups.io security only permits you to make that change.

72 - Ron - AG1P

4SQRP Volunteer co-moderator

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:main@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of Philip Karras via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2021 11:44 AM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: [4SQRP] Is there a Daily Summary mode for htis group?

Tnx es 73 de KE3FL,

Phil

ARRL OES, ORS, & VE

ARRL Life Member

Jim et el,

I see the problem, I do not even have an account for 4SQRP, how is it that I am getting the email but I do not have an account in groupsio?

73 de KE3FL,
Phil
ARRL OES, ORS, & VE
ARRL Life Member

On Saturday, February 27, 2021, 3:13:09 PM EST, Jim Sheldon <w0eb@...> wrote:

As Ron said, you have to be logged into your own groups.io account.  Then you will see everything you want to be able to do.  Forgot to mention that.  

Jim,

PREFERENCES --------
Display Preferences
  Timezone
  Time Display
  Date Display

73 de KE3FL,
Phil
ARRL OES, ORS, & VE
ARRL Life Member

W0EB

Tnx es 73 de KE3FL,
Phil
ARRL OES, ORS, & VE
ARRL Life Member

Jim Sheldon

You got me on that one Phil.  You will have to contact one of the group “owners” on that one.  Not sure who they are.

Jim 

On Feb 27, 2021, at 2:23 PM, Philip Karras via groups.io <ke3fl@...> wrote:

Jim et el,

I see the problem, I do not even have an account for 4SQRP, how is it that I am getting the email but I do not have an account in groupsio?

73 de KE3FL,
Phil
ARRL OES, ORS, & VE
ARRL Life Member

Jim,

PREFERENCES --------
Display Preferences
  Timezone
  Time Display
  Date Display

73 de KE3FL,
Phil
ARRL OES, ORS, & VE
ARRL Life Member

W0EB

Tnx es 73 de KE3FL,
Phil
ARRL OES, ORS, & VE
ARRL Life Member

I guess I need to know how to stop the email I'm getting and wait for my just-now requested membership as sweepspk@yahoo to be approved to do this.

I am NOT an actual member through groupsio to the 4SQRP group!?!

How am I getting these email? Who started this and how do we stop it?

I tried finding

73 de KE3FL,
Phil
ARRL OES, ORS, & VE
ARRL Life Member

On Saturday, February 27, 2021, 3:23:59 PM EST, Philip Karras via groups.io <ke3fl@...> wrote:

Jim et el,

73 de KE3FL,
Phil
ARRL OES, ORS, & VE
ARRL Life Member

Jim,

PREFERENCES --------
Display Preferences
  Timezone
  Time Display
  Date Display

73 de KE3FL,
Phil
ARRL OES, ORS, & VE
ARRL Life Member

W0EB

Tnx es 73 de KE3FL,
Phil
ARRL OES, ORS, & VE
ARRL Life Member

Tim N9PUZ

I think we have this one handled now folks. Sorry for all the confusion!

73, Tim N9PUZ
4SQRP Moderator Staff