Topics

K3Y QRP Challenge Winners!

kb4qqj <kb4qqj@...>

These are "total" powers for contacting all ten US areas.
Exp. 100mW per area would equal total score of 1 watt.

AND THE WINNERS ARE:

1st Winner
Werner Haschke, N8BB
161 mW
Prize - Choice of Antenna PAR EndFez from LnR Precision

2nd Winner
Ric Nelson, KA3LOC
1 Watt
Prize - Flying Pigs QRP W8DIZ's Flying PigRig Kit

3rd Winner
Ray Myers, WB0PYF
10 Watts
Prize - SOTA Tuner Hendricks QRP Kits

4th Winner
Mark Hogan, N5OBC
20 watts
Prize - Hi-Per-Mite CW filter Kit 4sQRP Club

***WINNERS ARE FREE TO SWAP PRIZE IF YOU SO DESIRE***

Congratulations to all of you,
Milt, K4OSO
www.qrpchallenge.com

Joe Bento

On 2/22/2013 10:39 PM, kb4qqj wrote:
2nd Winner
Ric Nelson, KA3LOC
1 Watt
Prize - Flying Pigs QRP W8DIZ's Flying PigRig Kit
I saw this and wondered what the heck a Flying Pig QRP Kit was. Did a Google search and ended up on W8DIZ's page. What an amazing sounding transceiver. For $40, I had to take a gamble and order one. Now when the snows clear in Utah, I need to get serious on my antennas again. Been off the air on HF (and QRP) for far too many years. This new Flying Pig can join up with my current QRP collection consisting of an HW-9, Tuna Tin Two, and a "Fun Ceiver" from 73 Magazine years ago.

Joe, N6DGY

Jim Sheldon

Check out our "Never ending Worked All Pigs" contest and the monthly "Run For The Bacon" CW sprint too. Lots of fun and good CW practice to boot.

BTW, you'll love that "Pig Rig" too. Get on 7030.7 and oink out an OO instead of a CQ - never know how many piggies will "oink" back at you.

Jim - W0EB
FP#-616
Membership Chairman

Sent from my iPad

On 2/24/2013 10:45 AM, Jim Sheldon wrote:
Check out our "Never ending Worked All Pigs" contest and the monthly "Run For The Bacon" CW sprint too. Lots of fun and good CW practice to boot.

BTW, you'll love that "Pig Rig" too. Get on 7030.7 and oink out an OO instead of a CQ - never know how many piggies will "oink" back at you.

Jim - W0EB
FP#-616
Membership Chairman
Pig Rig #143 is on its way to my QTH. I really need to get a 40m dipole up now! :-)

Joe, N6DGY
FP #3097 (Just received. Thanks, Jim!)