KON SPECIAL EVENT STATION FOR OZARKCON 40 METERS

Johnny AC0BQ

GE Group
I am the K0N Station operator from 23:00 to 01:00 Z this evening.
I will be calling and listening from 7.121 to 7.122 just in case you want to fire up you Bayou Jumpers?
 K0N is the Special Event call sign that has been used during Ozarkcon for years.

Drop by and say hello if you have time.

JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..

Jim, N5IB

Just worked Johnny near 7122 with the beta build revB Bayou Jumper.
4 watts to a dipole at 20 ft.
First time to use an external key with the BJ - Nye Viking Master Key, with the TIP42 keying mod in the BJ.
And the mechanical fine tuning mod made tuning a breeze.
449 to him 559 to me. Lots of noise here and some SSB QRM

Jim, N5IB

Andrew Wollin

That mod is very slick. On my mod list.

Drew VE3UIN

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 7:40 PM Jim, N5IB <n5ib@...> wrote:
Just worked Johnny near 7122 with the beta build revB Bayou Jumper.
4 watts to a dipole at 20 ft.
First time to use an external key with the BJ - Nye Viking Master Key, with the TIP42 keying mod in the BJ.
And the mechanical fine tuning mod made tuning a breeze.
449 to him 559 to me. Lots of noise here and some SSB QRM

Jim, N5IB

Roger-N0RSR

Thanks for picking me up.
Glad the band seems to be improving enough to get a reliable QSO between here and there most nights.

Always a pleasure to work a special event station, especially with the newly learned CW skills. 😁

-Roger
N0RSR

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021, 3:59 PM Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:
GE Group
I am the K0N Station operator from 23:00 to 01:00 Z this evening.
I will be calling and listening from 7.121 to 7.122 just in case you want to fire up you Bayou Jumpers?
 K0N is the Special Event call sign that has been used during Ozarkcon for years.

Drop by and say hello if you have time.

JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..

Johnny AC0BQ

Ur Welcome Roger
Your Cw is fine copy .
Thanks for working me on K0N
72
Johnny

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 7:02 PM Roger-N0RSR <Roger.Rugg@...> wrote:
Thanks for picking me up.
Glad the band seems to be improving enough to get a reliable QSO between here and there most nights.

Always a pleasure to work a special event station, especially with the newly learned CW skills. 😁

-Roger
N0RSR

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021, 3:59 PM Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:
GE Group
I am the K0N Station operator from 23:00 to 01:00 Z this evening.
I will be calling and listening from 7.121 to 7.122 just in case you want to fire up you Bayou Jumpers?
 K0N is the Special Event call sign that has been used during Ozarkcon for years.

Drop by and say hello if you have time.

JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..

Tom Sevart

On 4/5/2021 17:58, Johnny AC0BQ wrote:
GE Group
I am the K0N Station operator from 23:00 to 01:00 Z this evening.
I will be calling and listening from 7.121 to 7.122 just in case you want to fire up you Bayou Jumpers?
 K0N is the Special Event call sign that has been used during Ozarkcon for years.
Drop by and say hello if you have time.
I'll try to work you on my Frankenrig.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

ok Tom
im Here
Johnny

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 7:16 PM Tom Sevart <tmsevart@...> wrote:
On 4/5/2021 17:58, Johnny AC0BQ wrote:
> GE Group
> I am the K0N Station operator from 23:00 to 01:00 Z this evening.
> I will be calling and listening from 7.121 to 7.122 just in case you
> want to fire up you Bayou Jumpers?
>   K0N is the Special Event call sign that has been used during Ozarkcon
> for years.
>
> Drop by and say hello if you have time.
> 72
> Johnny AC0BQ

I'll try to work you on my Frankenrig.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Tom Sevart

On 4/5/2021 19:18, Johnny AC0BQ wrote:
ok Tom
im Here
Johnny
I'm on 7122.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

No Copy Tom
I think were too close on 40.
Bert goes on Deck at 01:00 on 3.564.
You might try then?
7 2
Johnny

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 7:29 PM Tom Sevart <tmsevart@...> wrote:
On 4/5/2021 19:18, Johnny AC0BQ wrote:
> ok Tom
> im Here
> Johnny

I'm on 7122.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Everett Catlin

K0N

Heard you from 0011 to 0035 ur 599 but noy hearing me
Ev Catlin

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 12:29 AM Tom Sevart <tmsevart@...> wrote:
On 4/5/2021 19:18, Johnny AC0BQ wrote:
> ok Tom
> im Here
> Johnny

I'm on 7122.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Tom Sevart

On 4/5/2021 19:37, Johnny AC0BQ wrote:
No Copy Tom
I think were too close on 40.
Bert goes on Deck at 01:00 on 3.564.
You might try then?
7 2
Johnny
Yeah, I might have to try my Cricket 80.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS