Topics

LD5 transceiver

Scott WZ├śW

Hi all,
Does anyone else in the group have any experience with the LD5 xcvr from LNR Precision? I've had one for about three years, and I can't quite get the CW keyer to work well. It skips dits and dahs frequently and I have to work my paddles pretty hard to keep that behavior to a minimum. It also works a little better if I run it at full power, but then it reports a power output of about 8 watts, so a bit outside the QRP limits.

If anyone had used this rig and has any tips for making it work better on CW, I'd appreciate it. Aside from this issue, it's a handy little 5 band, all mode unit that could be great for portable operation.

Scott WZ0W