Legendary Bayou Jumper

Adam

Hello Sir/ma'am et al,

I am happy to be part of the 4SQRP group from Australia.

The Bayou Jumper is an amazing little rig and I'm so happy it made a return!

My Bayou Jumper is known to some already, but thought I'd share a very short YouTube video on the audio quality this amazing rig is capable of when demodulating voice.

72
Adam vk8feet

Andrew Wollin

Hi Adam, quite the feat. Great setup. Where did you get that wonderful case?

Drew VE3UIN

On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 12:40 AM Adam <adam.haynes1@...> wrote:
Hello Sir/ma'am et al,

I am happy to be part of the 4SQRP group from Australia.

The Bayou Jumper is an amazing little rig and I'm so happy it made a return!

My Bayou Jumper is known to some already, but thought I'd share a very short YouTube video on the audio quality this amazing rig is capable of when demodulating voice.

72
Adam vk8feet

Adam

Hi Drew,

It's just the same Hobby Lobby box covered in leather recycled from an old tote bag cut down to size and fixed to the wood with upholstery glue.
I re-used the carry strap and buckles. Attached some brass corner protectors and replaced the lid latch with a stronger brass type. And also screwed to the sides of the box two carry strap anchors. They're cheap eBay or Amazon parts.
Adam VK8FEET

Andrew Wollin

Hi Adam fine job of crafting. Looks very pro. I have a similar case made of textured aluminium but I like the leather valise look you’ve created. More period.

Thanks

Drew
VE3UIN

On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 6:51 PM Adam <adam.haynes1@...> wrote:
Hi Drew,

It's just the same Hobby Lobby box covered in leather recycled from an old tote bag cut down to size and fixed to the wood with upholstery glue.
I re-used the carry strap and buckles. Attached some brass corner protectors and replaced the lid latch with a stronger brass type. And also screwed to the sides of the box two carry strap anchors. They're cheap eBay or Amazon parts.
Adam VK8FEET

Mlike McEwen

Excellent!  72/3 K5OSA