Long wire end fed

Russell Ferris

I’m using a end fed long wire wish I was a little longer but it works pretty good

Jeff, K9JP

How about adding a homemade coil inductor in your end fed long wire?
Use a piece of large gray electrical PVC tubing (UV protected for outdoor use) as the form for the coil.
Not any different than the coils used by Alpha Delta, Par Antennas, and others.

--
Do Something "Nice for Someone Else" today, say Thank YOU.

K9NUD-Steve

I have an end-fed cut to 40m with an added inductor with about 2M of extra whip. It detuned the other bands, requiring some tweaking. It now tunes 80, but the bandwidth is narrow (as you would expect) and the performance is so-so. My 105' random wire 9:1 is outperforming it so far. Granted, the long wire is mounted higher.

I recommend that you try it. 70 feet is often easier to find than 105 ft.
--
73 de K9NUD