looking for retired High Pass filter....

Jerry Brown

Anyone have the "High Pass" Filter retired by the group that is excess to their needs, in kit form or built and working, that they would be willing to part with! If so please notify me of details. 73, N4EO QRZ dot com email, as above, is fine.

Ted

Below what band are you trying to blot out?   Below 80 metres, as in AM broadcast?

This design may work for you if willing to gather the parts - https://swling.com/blog/2016/02/a-simple-homebrew-high-pass-filter/

-ted
 K3RTA

Jerry Brown

DL2MAN & PE1NNZ have developed a pretty cute rig....mine has AM broadcast interference from a nearby 1 KW AM commercial station on 1340 kHz everywhere and every it is about S5 in strength and it does not desense the receiver. W1AW still comes in S9 plus on 20 meters.
Their (tr)uSDX is a 5-Band / Mulitmode QRP Transceiver in Pocket Format (90x60x30mm – 140g). It features a highly efficient Class E PA and Supports CW/LSB/USB and AM/FMl; it covers 80/60/40/30/20m.
My simple receive only bandstop filter makes it happy, but it is not for transmitting-

73,
Jerry N4EO

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 7:32 PM Ted via groups.io <k3rta=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Below what band are you trying to blot out?   Below 80 metres, as in AM broadcast?

This design may work for you if willing to gather the parts - https://swling.com/blog/2016/02/a-simple-homebrew-high-pass-filter/

-ted
 K3RTA

John Clements

kit-projects.com has a basic AM hi-pass kit for everything above 3MHz. Although it's spec'd as receive side the toroids (t-37?) look like it could probably take a watt or two.
https://shop.kit-projects.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=118
73 John kc9on

Dale (KB9JJA)

I built just a filter for my (tr)SDX and my new X6100, that is designed for up to 20 watts. Simple breadboard build. I had the same issue, and this cleaned it right up on both rigs. A few others have also built the filter and are having great results. Build details can be found here. https://www.wentztech.com/radio/Projects/QRP_BCI_Filter/index.html

73 de KB9JJA/Dale