Magic Box

Mlike McEwen

While I was giving the shack a major but late "Spring cleaning", I found a never used Magic Box!  I have no idea what a fair price might be...let me know if you are inte.

72, Doc

--
K5OSA
Michael T. McEwen
Cell:  580 919-9205

Bruce Kirkpatrick

What in the world is a Magic Box?

On Jul 9, 2021, at 11:09 AM, Mlike McEwen <michael.t.mcewen@...> wrote:

While I was giving the shack a major but late "Spring cleaning", I found a never used Magic Box!  I have no idea what a fair price might be...let me know if you are inte.

72, Doc

--
K5OSA
Michael T. McEwen

Gary AFN4A

Probably a box you put your "significant- other" in, then apply saw; before discussing your desire to purchase a nice new piece of equipment for your shack... LOL

Gary N3OS

On Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 2:00 PM Bruce Kirkpatrick via groups.io <bkirkpatrick5=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

72, Doc

--
K5OSA
Michael T. McEwen

--
73 DE N3OS - Gary
QRPARCI #3425
NAQCC #7301
SKCC #3849
FISTS #18652

John Lonigro

You can read all about the "Magic Box" in the kit section of the 4SQRP website.   It is a kit that was retired many years ago, yet every once in a while, someone is interested in obtaining one.  It was designed by K8IQY and lets you connect a transmitter, receiver, and antenna to it.  It acts as a T/R switch, making little QRP transmitters much easier to operate.  As I said, you can read all about it in the "retired kits" area in the kit section of the website.

Don't forget the July Second Sunday Sprint is this coming Sunday evening, 7-9 pm CDT (Monday 0000-0200Z).  If you don't forget to enter the contest, I'll try not to forget to score it Tuesday. 

John, AA0VE

On 7/9/21 1:07 PM, Gary AFN4A wrote:
Probably a box you put your "significant- other" in, then apply saw; before discussing your desire to purchase a nice new piece of equipment for your shack... LOL

Gary N3OS

On Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 2:00 PM Bruce Kirkpatrick via groups.io <bkirkpatrick5=me.com@groups.io> wrote:

72, Doc

--
K5OSA
Michael T. McEwen

--
73 DE N3OS - Gary
QRPARCI #3425
NAQCC #7301
SKCC #3849
FISTS #18652

Bruce Kirkpatrick

Hi John
I am very interested.  Can you name a price for it?  I have no idea what it should be.
Bruce 

KEØVR

On Jul 9, 2021, at 12:53 PM, John Lonigro <jonigro@...> wrote:

You can read all about the "Magic Box" in the kit section of the 4SQRP website.   It is a kit that was retired many years ago, yet every once in a while, someone is interested in obtaining one.  It was designed by K8IQY and lets you connect a transmitter, receiver, and antenna to it.  It acts as a T/R switch, making little QRP transmitters much easier to operate.  As I said, you can read all about it in the "retired kits" area in the kit section of the website.

Don't forget the July Second Sunday Sprint is this coming Sunday evening, 7-9 pm CDT (Monday 0000-0200Z).  If you don't forget to enter the contest, I'll try not to forget to score it Tuesday. 

John, AA0VE

Gary N3OS

72, Doc

--
K5OSA
Michael T. McEwen

--
73 DE N3OS - Gary
QRPARCI #3425
NAQCC #7301
SKCC #3849
FISTS #18652

John Lonigro

Bruce:
I’m not the one with a magic box to sell. Scroll down to the originator of this thread to see who is selling one. It looks like K5OSA has one to sell. 
John AA0VE 

On Jul 9, 2021, at 2:10 PM, Bruce Kirkpatrick via groups.io <bkirkpatrick5@...> wrote:

Hi John
I am very interested.  Can you name a price for it?  I have no idea what it should be.
Bruce 

KEØVR

On Jul 9, 2021, at 12:53 PM, John Lonigro <jonigro@...> wrote:

John, AA0VE

Gary N3OS

72, Doc

--
K5OSA
Michael T. McEwen

--
73 DE N3OS - Gary
QRPARCI #3425
NAQCC #7301
SKCC #3849
FISTS #18652

Curt

I don't know asking the community to price kits is dangerous. Me places more value on unassembled kits, my bias. Its a unique treasure, I have one. Somewhere  between 60 and 80 dollars if not packaged. See what offers you get. 

Curt

Mlike McEwen

Thanks for all the interest.  The Magic Box is sold.  73/74,  Doc 

On Fri, Jul 9, 2021, 4:01 PM Curt via groups.io <wb8yyy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I don't know asking the community to price kits is dangerous. Me places more value on unassembled kits, my bias. Its a unique treasure, I have one. Somewhere  between 60 and 80 dollars if not packaged. See what offers you get. 

Curt

John Daly

Doc: Curious to know the selling price as I have an unassembled magic box somewhere in storage and I might post for sale, assuming I can locate it. Thanks - John w4usf.   ( W4USF at ICLOUD DOT COM )

On Jul 10, 2021, at 10:33, Mlike McEwen <michael.t.mcewen@...> wrote:

Thanks for all the interest.  The Magic Box is sold.  73/74,  Doc 

On Fri, Jul 9, 2021, 4:01 PM Curt via groups.io <wb8yyy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Curt