Topics

Maurunia troubleshooting

matthew cook

Is there a forum where I might be able to get some direction on figuring out my issue with this build? 

Paul Smith

There is a Murania group here. After 4DIM David will be home and would post about it. here is a link

de Paul N0NBD
Group Settings. This is a subgroup of main.; All subscribers can post to the group. Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators. Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
4sqrp.groups.io

Sent from Outlook

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> on behalf of matthew cook via Groups.Io <cookmatt67@...>
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2019 10:41 PM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: [4SQRP] Maurunia troubleshooting

Is there a forum where I might be able to get some direction on figuring out my issue with this build? 

matthew cook

Thanks very much

Paul Smith

Matthew, I am not much of a technician but what is your Murania doing or not doing?
de Paul N0NBD

matthew cook

I went thru the build with no problems and double-checked the values of everything as I built it. It powered up as designed on the mid build check but when it was time to do a full test there is no volume except on 2 spots of the volume dial. At those 2 spots I get a low static noise if I put my ear up to the speaker but then tuning has absolutely no effect. I will go thru the build again tonight step by step and maybe pull the 2 transistors and test those as well. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated..

Paul Smith

Ok Matthew, I will send this on to David, I saw a post from him earlier.
de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> on behalf of matthew cook via Groups.Io <cookmatt67@...>
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2019 9:01 PM
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Maurunia troubleshooting

I went thru the build with no problems and double-checked the values of everything as I built it. It powered up as designed on the mid build check but when it was time to do a full test there is no volume except on 2 spots of the volume dial. At those 2 spots I get a low static noise if I put my ear up to the speaker but then tuning has absolutely no effect. I will go thru the build again tonight step by step and maybe pull the 2 transistors and test those as well. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated..

matthew cook

Got a chance to do a look over tonight and , well, to a point, I'm an idiot!  I had Q1 and U1 swapped. so reinstalled and the lil radio sings like a duck!, after the r2 and r3 mod she sigs like a bird. now as soon as my magnet wire comes in ill rewind the antenna and call her done!  Tks for all the help, now time to see what other kits I wanna get into...

JAMES DAVIDSON

Been there. Hi hi

Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 5/19/19 10:21 PM (GMT-06:00)
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Maurunia troubleshooting

Got a chance to do a look over tonight and , well, to a point, I'm an idiot!  I had Q1 and U1 swapped. so reinstalled and the lil radio sings like a duck!, after the r2 and r3 mod she sigs like a bird. now as soon as my magnet wire comes in ill rewind the antenna and call her done!  Tks for all the help, now time to see what other kits I wanna get into...