From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> on behalf of matthew cook via Groups.Io <cookmatt67@...>
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2019 10:41 PM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: [4SQRP] Maurunia troubleshooting

Is there a forum where I might be able to get some direction on figuring out my issue with this build?

matthew cook

Thanks very much

Paul Smith

Matthew, I am not much of a technician but what is your Murania doing or not doing?
de Paul N0NBD

matthew cook

I went thru the build with no problems and double-checked the values of everything as I built it. It powered up as designed on the mid build check but when it was time to do a full test there is no volume except on 2 spots of the volume dial. At those 2 spots I get a low static noise if I put my ear up to the speaker but then tuning has absolutely no effect. I will go thru the build again tonight step by step and maybe pull the 2 transistors and test those as well. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated..

Paul Smith

Ok Matthew, I will send this on to David, I saw a post from him earlier.
de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

I went thru the build with no problems and double-checked the values of everything as I built it. It powered up as designed on the mid build check but when it was time to do a full test there is no volume except on 2 spots of the volume dial. At those 2 spots I get a low static noise if I put my ear up to the speaker but then tuning has absolutely no effect. I will go thru the build again tonight step by step and maybe pull the 2 transistors and test those as well. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated..

matthew cook

Got a chance to do a look over tonight and , well, to a point, I'm an idiot!  I had Q1 and U1 swapped. so reinstalled and the lil radio sings like a duck!, after the r2 and r3 mod she sigs like a bird. now as soon as my magnet wire comes in ill rewind the antenna and call her done!  Tks for all the help, now time to see what other kits I wanna get into...

JAMES DAVIDSON

Been there. Hi hi

Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone