Topics

May SSS Results

John Lonigro

I should have expected the turnout on Mother's Day to be low. We only had 8 participants this month, which I believe is the lowest number so far this year.  Coming in first for May was Chas, W2SH, with 18 QSO points.  Chas also leads in the annual contest with 70 points, followed by Nick (WB5BKL) with 53 points and Carl (WB0CFF) with 52.

We had a new participant this month, Roy, WA4DOU, from Elm City, NC. Welcome Roy!  An interesting thing about Roy's entry is most of his contacts were with non-members (5), yet he still came in fourth for the month.  Way to go, Roy.  Hope you can join us every month.  With more member participation in future months (hopefully), you might have better luck finding members to communicate with.

Chas will be receiving his May certificate shortly, after I walk the dog...

72,
John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator

[...]

Carl Gansen

Congratulations Chas.  You were sounding very good in Mn on all 3 bands.

It was nice to hear Roy, WA4DOU. I've met Roy via 6M CW.
72
Carl WB0CFF

w2sh@...

Thank you Carl,

It's great to hear you back again on the bands after those recent health issues.  Also I note that we both use the TT Argo 6 and I may be in touch with you later with some questions about its use.

I have been in bed since April 26 with a severe case of cellulitis but struggled loose to be in the S.S.S.  And just tonight I was in the NAQCC monthly sprint.

WA4DOU was just at the edge of my skip zone.  I could hear him but could only read the WA4 in his call sign.  He would have been do-able on 80m, but Sunday's 80m condx were really lousy.

Back to the sack with my right leg up 18 inches.

72,

Charles (aka Chas), W2SH