Modification Question Re: ZZRX-40

griffithsesq.robert

I have acquired a working ZZRX-40. Can it be easily converted to receive in the 10 Meter Band? If so, besides a 10 Meter Crystal, what additional modifications/parts would be necessary. Thanks. Griff NE3I

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Tom Sevart

On 3/23/2021 17:54, griffithsesq.robert via groups.io wrote:
I have acquired a working ZZRX-40. Can it be easily converted to receive in the 10 Meter Band? If so, besides a 10 Meter Crystal, what additional modifications/parts would be necessary. Thanks. Griff NE3I
I have one which I built a few years back, but I don't remember what the circuit is like. I'd think to convert it to another band it would take a major rework of the resonant circuitry, different value caps, different coils with different toroids & different amount of turns of wire. And after all that I'm not sure you could get up up on 28 MHZ. That's quite a jump from 7 MHZ.

Perhaps someone else might have a better idea.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Curt

Griff

I don't recall if this uses a ne602 aka sa612 IC mixer? If so try web search for SA612 10m or 10m direct conversion receiver to get ideas. Check kc9on store to see if he sells 10m crystals.  Or mix up a lower frequency vfo with whatever 20 some MHz xtal you might have. Lets hope the 4state lab has something in the works for 10m, a VXO rig similar to old 38 special design would be nice up here.

Curt

WA0ITP

All documentation is still on the web site.