Topics

Murania history

Jim Sheldon

Looked up Murania on Google - - found this:

W0EB

From the "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" WIKI,

Murania is an advanced subterranean empire and outpost of the massive underground land Atvatabar, which is located 25,000’ beneath the U.S. state of New Mexico. Coincidentally a ranch was built above Murania, belonging to early 20th-century gunfighter and balladeer Gene Autry.

The inhabitants of this subterranean empire were descendants from the sunken continent of Mu that had become so used to their underground environment that they could no longer breath normal air, having to rely on oxygen masks to survive on the surface. The Muranian Empire is quite advanced, complete with towering buildings, robots, ray-guns, and elevator tubes that extend miles from the surface. The realm also contains a massive amount of radium deposits.
Source materialEdit

Murania is based from the film The Phantom Empire (1934), which starred Gene Autry as himself.

W4OED

And the reason to call the kit "Murania" would be...(clarification here, please).

Very interesting thread, BTW.

Oscar W4OED
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Paul Smith

I would think the name comes from listening to the radio program on a transistor radio. Like I had as a kid.
Paul

Sent from Outlook