From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> on behalf of bleepingbeep <bleepingbeep@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2019 10:12 PM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: [4SQRP] Murania name

Can someone tell me how/why the name "Murania" was chosen for the kit?  I thought I might find an explanation in the manual or in the 4SQRP kit description, but no luck.  Seems to me it should be in both places. :)

Thanks.

Jerry AA6KI
Tucson

Johnny Matlock

If I remember what Dave told us as this kit was being released, Paul’s google search is correct.

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 5:16 PM Paul Smith <n0nbd@...> wrote:
David might have a better story but I took this from a google search. I dont remember it but ......
de Paul

The Phantom Empire is a 1935 American Western serial film directed by Otto Brower and B. Reeves Eason and starring Gene Autry, Frankie Darro, and Betsy King Ross.[1] This 12-chapter Mascot Pictures serial combined the western, musical, and science fiction genres. The first episode is 30 minutes, the rest about 20 minutes. The serial film is about a singing cowboy who stumbles upon an ancient subterranean civilization living beneath his own ranch that becomes corrupted by unscrupulous greedy speculators from the surface.[3] In 1940, a 70-minute feature film edited from the serial was released under the titles Radio Ranch or Men with Steel Faces. This was Gene Autry's first starring role, playing himself as a singing cowboy.[4]

Sent from Outlook

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Paul Smith

The report I found did not say the underground city was called Murania. Sorry.
de Paul

Sent from Outlook

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com