Topics

Murania You Tube Video

WA0ITP

In case you missed it, here is a link to Dave's excellent Murania You Tube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWMzgEpFDJo&fbclid=IwAR3F6E79kZzw7d4pvLgiUwQ7C6x5-GxCZEDb3u6_KryOrPqKOOCbdvT3KiY

It's short and makes for good Sunday afternoon infotaiment (izzat a word?)
--
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.

Leland Lannoye

No, it ain't, but unlike ain't, neither infotainment nor izzat are in the dictionary.?? Love the creativity, though.

Lee, W9HIF

On 11/10/2019 12:49, WA0ITP wrote:
In case you missed it, here is a link to Dave's excellent Murania You Tube video??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWMzgEpFDJo&fbclid=IwAR3F6E79kZzw7d4pvLgiUwQ7C6x5-GxCZEDb3u6_KryOrPqKOOCbdvT3KiY

It's short and makes for good Sunday afternoon infotaiment (izzat a word?)
--
72 WA??ITP
I love this radio stuff.

Jim Kortge

All,

GM might argue the point.  From their website: <https://my.gmc.com/how-to-support/entertainment-connections/displays-radio/infotainment-system>

My son has worked for the infotainment group for the past 20+ years!

72,

Jim, K8IQY

On 11/10/2019 2:00 PM, Leland Lannoye via Groups.Io wrote:

No, it ain't, but unlike ain't, neither infotainment nor izzat are in the dictionary.?? Love the creativity, though.

Lee, W9HIF

On 11/10/2019 12:49, WA0ITP wrote:
In case you missed it, here is a link to Dave's excellent Murania You Tube video??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWMzgEpFDJo&fbclid=IwAR3F6E79kZzw7d4pvLgiUwQ7C6x5-GxCZEDb3u6_KryOrPqKOOCbdvT3KiY

It's short and makes for good Sunday afternoon infotaiment (izzat a word?)
--
72 WA??ITP
I love this radio stuff.
Lee, W9HIF
The station of the Scary Ghost Stories and Tales of the Glories of Ham Radio long, long ago.

Gwen Patton

Actually...infotainment IS in the dictionary.

Gwen, NG3P

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 2:10 PM Jim Kortge <jim.k8iqy@...> wrote:
[...]

-+-+-+-+-
Jenny Everywhere's Infinite: Quark Time
http://quarktime.net

W6BOW

VERY EXCELLENT YouTube presentation! Thanks for the link.

The Murania kit reminds me of my dad (the original W6BOW) helping me learn radio and radio building with the Heathkit EK-2.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Vintage_Heathkit_Radio_Receiver,_Model_EK-2,_AM_%26_SW_Bands,_DIY_Kit_Radio,_6_Vacuum_Tubes,_Made_In_USA,_Circa_1960_(32127931573).jpg

AM broadcast radio was way different back then. Top 40 stuff. Real DJ's (like Casy Kasem on KEWB) to tune in to at night.

Also ...
Very much enjoyed  the "linguistics" component of the discussion.

Don  W6BOW
San Francisco  CA  USA