My Bayou Jumper

N7RKC, Mike

Here is my Jumper I used to score a 685 mile QSO early in the spring.
I added a Home Brew Modified "T" tuner (added a Balun for twin lead) and battery pack.
Had to do some tweaking on the receiver for better stability and the Amp for 4.9Watts out.
Works great had excellent signal reports.
The Jumper is a great set. High marks to the design guys - Outstanding work.
Best regards to all "Clandestine Wireless Operators"
Michael Taylor - N7RKC - de Agent 076

Ted

Hey, Mike.

What sort of tweaking on the RX did you do for stability? I find it well within expectations, no complaints.  I'm just interested, is all.  Per Jim's experimentation, I did put a piece of foam over D3, which helps a mite.  My box is Faraday-caged (helps a lot) and there's a fine tuning pot there for added resolution.  What did you happen to do, please?

My outboard "tuner" is basically a 49:1 with a varicap just to allow for minor variations in setup from place to place (with an LED indicator). This may someday become built into the top plate itself, not decided yet on that option.

72,

Ted

Bob Parr

Nice set up!

I want to do that with one of my BJs.  I just need to find someone local who does wood working as I want to compartmentalize and put in things like a crystal holder, my S4 tuner, a frequency counter and cyrstal spotter and maybe if enough room a proper key or at least the wire for my antenna and counterpoise.

Bob
KG5GTE