Topics

New Kit ?

davemrtn

FDIM has come and gone....

When is the new radio kit going to be released that we heard about at OzarkCon ?

If I remember correctly, release was going to be held off until it was also announced at FDIM.

Wherever I go, there He is.
Recycle, Reuse, Re-purpose, Repair
>Professional Sports - An activity for small minds<
!! There is a reason it is called "Sports Trivia" !!

Johnny Matlock

Hello Dave
Everything is on order, waiting on a slow boat to arrive with the main boards and enclosures.

We hope to release them in 2 to 3 weeks.

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Michael N6MST

For those who didn't go to FDIM, what's this new kit, anyway?

73,
Michael N6MST

Jeff Logullo N0̸MII

It's in the latest issue of The Banner, starting on page 3:

http://www.4sqrp.com/4sqrpNewsLetter/201905.pdf

On May 24, 2019, at 10:07 PM, Michael N6MST <n6mst@...> wrote:

For those who didn't go to FDIM, what's this new kit, anyway?

73,
Michael N6MST
--
Jeff N0̷MII

Jess Gypin

I get an ARRL info sheet when clicking that link.

On May 24, 2019, at 9:53 PM, Jeff Logullo N0̸MII <jeff@...> wrote:

It's in the latest issue of The Banner, starting on page 3:

http://www.4sqrp.com/4sqrpNewsLetter/201905.pdf

On May 24, 2019, at 10:07 PM, Michael N6MST <n6mst@...> wrote:

For those who didn't go to FDIM, what's this new kit, anyway?

73,
Michael N6MST

--
Jeff N0��MII

davemrtn

Must be something wrong with your browser.

When I clicked the link (below) it went straight to the 4sqrp Banner pdf.

Wherever I go, there He is.
Recycle, Reuse, Re-purpose, Repair
Neither Time nor Energy can be Recycled or Reused, don't waste either.

On 5/24/2019 23:42, Jess Gypin wrote:
I get an ARRL info sheet when clicking that link.

On May 24, 2019, at 9:53 PM, Jeff Logullo N0̸MII <jeff@...> wrote:

It's in the latest issue of The Banner, starting on page 3:

   http://www.4sqrp.com/4sqrpNewsLetter/201905.pdf

On May 24, 2019, at 10:07 PM, Michael N6MST <n6mst@...> wrote:

For those who didn't go to FDIM, what's this new kit, anyway?

73,
Michael N6MST

nm0s_qrp

Thanks for your patience, everyone.  While my best laid plans were to have this kit released prior to Ozarkcon, you can't always plan for every interruption.  I took a tumble over the winter, and ended up with a concussion, which resulted in missing the deadline to get PCB orders in before Chinese New Year, which resulted in a 2 month delay, and Ozarkcon and FDIM prep pushed the schedule out further.
The current status is that the prototype unit looks good and plays well.  I don't foresee any circuit or layout changes.  Beta kits will be shipped Monday  so that Beta testers can check the assembly instructions, and verify the micro operation.  The first run of production boards have been ordered, and will be arriving in about 3 weeks.  Give our kitter another week to get some inventory together, so expect a release date before the end of June.

73 Dave NM0S

Dave Benson

Dave-

That must have been some tumble! Glad you're feeling better now.

73- Dave, K1SWL

On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 8:50 AM nm0s_qrp via Groups.Io <ai9e_qrp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Leland Lannoye

What will the new kit be???

Lee, WA9AOE

On 05/25/19 08:50, nm0s_qrp via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Gm Lee
See the article here In the Banner.

Johnny AC0BQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Paul Goemans

See second page of the May 2019 Ozark QRP Banner ‘zine, found on the 4SQRP website. It is the Nouveau 75 75 meter AM transceiver.

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

[...]

KM6KJE

How do you order? I would like one

Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2019 10:03 AM

[...]

Paul Smith

The last I read, they are waiting on boards and parts so it is a few weeks out from sales. A buy button will be on the page when ordering is open. It will be announced on here as well I suspect.
de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2019 10:03 AM

[...]

Steve Saslow

the link referred to worked fine, - but: AM only?  no ssb or cw?  I'm thinking about emergency uses, including monitoring and checking into 75m nets...there are numerous fine ones (western usa, and I believe also all of N America/Canada...)  especially, no receive electronics for those?

Gary E. Kohtala

I too would like one when they become available. I saw no mention of price. Has that been determined? Thanks..

Best regards,

Gary, K7EK

Sent from BlueMail

Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2019 10:03 AM

[...]

W6BOW

Steve,

You make excellent, valid points.

Perhaps some day the 4SQRP guys and gals will put out that all purpose rig you desire.

My opinion for what it's worth ….

4SQRP (kits) needn't (and shouldn't) attempt to be all things to all HAMS.

I'm old enough to remember the "AM v SSB" battle. Believe it or not the AM faction called SSB "Silly Side Band". The SSB faction called AM  "Ancient Modulation".

Per (in my opinion) the excellent May 2019 Banner "Coming Soon" writeup, "If you have never experienced AM on the ham bands, it is a real treat.  Voices sound very natural, and conversations are relaxed without the listener fatigue that comes with distorted SSB.  The Nouveau 75 is a great entry level rig to give AM a try."

Emphasis (my own) on, "give AM a try".

Respectfully,

W6BOW - Don
SF   CA   USA

the link referred to worked fine, - but: AM only?  no ssb or cw?  I'm thinking about emergency uses, including monitoring and checking into 75m nets...there are numerous fine ones (western usa, and I believe also all of N America/Canada...)  especially, no receive electronics for those?

--

-+-+-+-+-
Jenny Everywhere's Infinite: Quark Time

cornhusker

Gwen,
This is a great kit and well worth waiting for.  The surface mount parts are already done for you leaving about 30 through hole parts including the toroids to install.  The case is pcb material already drilled and marked making for a great finished kit including a nice big speaker inside it!  And you can listen to shortwave broadcasts on it like WTWW and WBCQ!
73 de K0NEB

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 5:17 PM, Gwen Patton
<ardrhi@...> wrote:
[...]

Looking forward to it!

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 6:37 PM cornhusker via Groups.Io <cornhusker=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Gwen,
This is a great kit and well worth waiting for.  The surface mount parts are already done for you leaving about 30 through hole parts including the toroids to install.  The case is pcb material already drilled and marked making for a great finished kit including a nice big speaker inside it!  And you can listen to shortwave broadcasts on it like WTWW and WBCQ!
73 de K0NEB

--

-+-+-+-+-
Jenny Everywhere's Infinite: Quark Time
http://quarktime.net

Dwayne R

I am on am all the time on 80, 40, and 20 all the time.  Just remember it takes very good propagation with anything less than 100 watts.

You will here me on 3885.

Dwayne. Ka0aam.
AAM = ancient amplitude modulation