Topics

New member and video link

Roland Whitsitt

Hi all! Thought I would hang out with you all and find out about QRPp. About myself. About 13 years ago I founded the AT Sprint group on yahoo. With KD1JV Steve’s blessings. Now I’m part of his group since yahoo dissolved all the groups. I’ve been playing around with an 80 meter cricket and got my first contact last night. Made a crude video. https://youtu.be/QSqYApDFsxI.  Think I’ll get the 40 meter version next. Although that 10 meter rockmite is tempting from qrpme. 73’s de n5vwn

John - KK4ITX

Roland,

Thanks for sharing that !  Nice to see a successful QRPp QSO.

John
KK4ITX

Click Here for Zephyrhills Area Amateur Radio Club
Many of life's failures are people who
did not realize how close they were to
success when they gave up.
       Thomas A. Edison

On Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 01:49:24 PM EDT, Roland Whitsitt via groups.io <n5vwn@...> wrote:

Hi all! Thought I would hang out with you all and find out about QRPp. About myself. About 13 years ago I founded the AT Sprint group on yahoo. With KD1JV Steve’s blessings. Now I’m part of his group since yahoo dissolved all the groups. I’ve been playing around with an 80 meter cricket and got my first contact last night. Made a crude video. https://youtu.be/QSqYApDFsxI.  Think I’ll get the 40 meter version next. Although that 10 meter rockmite is tempting from qrpme. 73’s de n5vwn

n4mj

Tnx for the show Roland.  Glad you got him.  Amazing what can be accomplished with QRP.  Enjoy.
73 de n4mj//glenn

  Thank you!

On Tuesday, October 6, 2020, 12:49:21 PM CDT, Roland Whitsitt via groups.io <n5vwn@...> wrote:

Hi all! Thought I would hang out with you all and find out about QRPp. About myself. About 13 years ago I founded the AT Sprint group on yahoo. With KD1JV Steve’s blessings. Now I’m part of his group since yahoo dissolved all the groups. I’ve been playing around with an 80 meter cricket and got my first contact last night. Made a crude video. https://youtu.be/QSqYApDFsxI.  Think I’ll get the 40 meter version next. Although that 10 meter rockmite is tempting from qrpme. 73’s de n5vwn

Wayne McFee

Roland,

You were solid copy, S3, at my campsite in Sunriver, Oregon.

I was running 5 Watts into a ladderline fed 82’ doublet, configured as an inverted Vee with the center up 30 feet.

Can’t remember what antenna you were using, if you said.

However, a good solid contact.

Hope to hear you again soon.

73,

Wayne  NB6M