Topics

New to Group

Mike

Hi, my name is Michael Morris and just joined the group. I've worked some Pig Rigs before and they are nice sounding machines. Love QRP, CW, and SOTA. I've built a rockmite 40 and 20 and have gotten both coasts on 450 mW. Chip, ae5ka let me hear his Pig Rig and convinced me to buy one. He mentioned something about a group purchase of crystals and I would like to be in on that. My RM 40 was destroyed in a fire and it was on the Pig Rig 40M freq...another reason to buy the kit. :) I'm a retired watch and clockmaker and just recently got back up on the air after 20 years of QRT. You can visit my QRZ.com page for more bio.

72
Mike
kf5rau/QRPP

WA0ITP

GM Mike,

Welcome aboard, we're pleased to have you. You're gonna fit right in. I'll add
you to tthe 7122 crystal list.

As the page header says, this is a friendly list.
Please dont hesitate to jump in with questions and ideas.

We hope to hear you on the wednesday night nets
http://www.4sqrp.com/4sqrpOnTheAir.php

Our annual conference, OzarkCon, is coming up on
April 5 & 6, and we hope to have an eyeball wth you there.
http://ozarkcon.com/

Thanx for joining Four State..

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA�ITP
www.qrpspots.com

| Hi, my name is Michael Morris and just joined the group. I've worked some Pig
Rigs before and they are nice sounding machines. Love QRP, CW, and SOTA. I've
built a rockmite 40 and 20 and have gotten both coasts on 450 mW. Chip, ae5ka
let me hear his Pig Rig and convinced me to buy one. He mentioned something
about a group purchase of crystals and I would like to be in on that. My RM 40
was destroyed in a fire and it was on the Pig Rig 40M freq...another reason to
buy the kit. :) I'm a retired watch and clockmaker and just recently got back
up on the air after 20 years of QRT. You can visit my QRZ.com page for more
bio.

| 72
| Mike
| kf5rau/QRPP

KD4OBQ

Go Mike

Welcome aboard

I have worked a few of the Rock Mites while I was QRO with my Eico transmitter and that convened me to get the Sierra back out. Like you it's amazing what 1 watt or less will do.

I think you will enjoy the group here.

72
Pat KD4OBQ

--- In 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mailbox@...> wrote:

Hi, my name is Michael Morris and just joined the group. I've worked some Pig Rigs before and they are nice sounding machines. Love QRP, CW, and SOTA. I've built a rockmite 40 and 20 and have gotten both coasts on 450 mW. Chip, ae5ka let me hear his Pig Rig and convinced me to buy one. He mentioned something about a group purchase of crystals and I would like to be in on that. My RM 40 was destroyed in a fire and it was on the Pig Rig 40M freq...another reason to buy the kit. :) I'm a retired watch and clockmaker and just recently got back up on the air after 20 years of QRT. You can visit my QRZ.com page for more bio.

72
Mike
kf5rau/QRPP

Barney <barneyro@...>

Hi Mike;

     Welcome to the 4SQRP bunch.  You will find a great bunch of folks here that are friendly and knowledgeable(sp) and willing to help...

73/72

Barney/NO0N

On 3/17/2013 10:30 PM, Mike wrote:

Hi, my name is Michael Morris and just joined the group. I've worked some Pig Rigs before and they are nice sounding machines. Love QRP, CW, and SOTA. I've built a rockmite 40 and 20 and have gotten both coasts on 450 mW. Chip, ae5ka let me hear his Pig Rig and convinced me to buy one. He mentioned something about a group purchase of crystals and I would like to be in on that. My RM 40 was destroyed in a fire and it was on the Pig Rig 40M freq...another reason to buy the kit. :) I'm a retired watch and clockmaker and just recently got back up on the air after 20 years of QRT. You can visit my QRZ.com page for more bio.

72
Mike
kf5rau/QRPP

Wayne Dillon

Good morning Mike,
Welcome to the group. Please feel free to join in on the nets on a Wednesday evening, you'd me most welcome. Great group here and the knowledge base is tremendous and we are fortunate to have some really talented designers as well. If you are thinking of ordering a Pig Rig I think someone said that Diz has only 15 left. When they are sold they'll be about 250 of them out there?
Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride.
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 10:30 PM, Mike <mailbox@...> wrote:

Hi, my name is Michael Morris and just joined the group. I've worked some Pig Rigs before and they are nice sounding machines. Love QRP, CW, and SOTA. I've built a rockmite 40 and 20 and have gotten both coasts on 450 mW. Chip, ae5ka let me hear his Pig Rig and convinced me to buy one. He mentioned something about a group purchase of crystals and I would like to be in on that. My RM 40 was destroyed in a fire and it was on the Pig Rig 40M freq...another reason to buy the kit. :) I'm a retired watch and clockmaker and just recently got back up on the air after 20 years of QRT. You can visit my QRZ.com page for more bio.

72
Mike
kf5rau/QRPP

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192

Johnny AC0BQ

Welcome aboard Mike!
You will have to search hard and long to find a more helpful group. You interest's are perfect. I just finished a "PIG RIG" this weekend. The 7.122 crystals are on order thru WA0ITP, but Diz is getting a little low on this run, you better jump on him!

On Sunday, March 17, 2013, Mike wrote:

Hi, my name is Michael Morris and just joined the group. I've worked some Pig Rigs before and they are nice sounding machines. Love QRP, CW, and SOTA. I've built a rockmite 40 and 20 and have gotten both coasts on 450 mW. Chip, ae5ka let me hear his Pig Rig and convinced me to buy one. He mentioned something about a group purchase of crystals and I would like to be in on that. My RM 40 was destroyed in a fire and it was on the Pig Rig 40M freq...another reason to buy the kit. :) I'm a retired watch and clockmaker and just recently got back up on the air after 20 years of QRT. You can visit my QRZ.com page for more bio.

72
Mike
kf5rau/QRPP

Mike

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to meeting each of you on the air....and building the PR. :)
Mike
KF5RAU

--- In 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <mailbox@...> wrote:

Hi, my name is Michael Morris and just joined the group. I've worked some Pig Rigs before and they are nice sounding machines. Love QRP, CW, and SOTA. I've built a rockmite 40 and 20 and have gotten both coasts on 450 mW. Chip, ae5ka let me hear his Pig Rig and convinced me to buy one. He mentioned something about a group purchase of crystals and I would like to be in on that. My RM 40 was destroyed in a fire and it was on the Pig Rig 40M freq...another reason to buy the kit. :) I'm a retired watch and clockmaker and just recently got back up on the air after 20 years of QRT. You can visit my QRZ.com page for more bio.

72
Mike
kf5rau/QRPP

W0IIT

Mike,

Another welcome note!! You will fit right in to this bunch!! Don't be a lurker jump right in with questions, answers, suggestions, etc.!!

I checked out your QRZ site and got hooked on the watch making videos. OMG, it made me nervous and jittery just to watch!! Any watch maker or repairer would be a natural at ham radio home brewing and trouble shooting!

Again, welcome!!!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, Zombie=#500, Geritol=#1000(from back when I actually had a mic connected to my rig:-)

Julio Jimenez

Not sure why I didn't join this group sooner.  It IS the friendly one :-)

VY 72 DE AK4VL
Julio Jimenez

On Tuesday, March 19, 2013, Bart Lawson wrote:

Mike,

Another welcome note!! You will fit right in to this bunch!! Don't be a lurker jump right in with questions, answers, suggestions, etc.!!

I checked out your QRZ site and got hooked on the watch making videos. OMG, it made me nervous and jittery just to watch!! Any watch maker or repairer would be a natural at ham radio home brewing and trouble shooting!

Again, welcome!!!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, Zombie=#500, Geritol=#1000(from back when I actually had a mic connected to my rig:-)

WA0ITP

Hello Julio,

Welcome aboard we're happy to have you in the Group.  Thank you for including us on your spotting page.  Folks, in case you dont know, Julio provides http://ham.jit.su/fsqrp  check it out.

Thanks agn for joining Julio, 72 es welcome.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72   WAØITP
www.qrpspots.com

http://ham.jit.su

On Tuesday, March 19, 2013, Bart Lawson wrote:

Mike,

Another welcome note!! You will fit right in to this bunch!! Don't be a lurker jump right in with questions, answers, suggestions, etc.!!

I checked out your QRZ site and got hooked on the watch making videos. OMG, it made me nervous and jittery just to watch!! Any watch maker or repairer would be a natural at ham radio home brewing and trouble shooting!

Again, welcome!!!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, Zombie=#500, Geritol=#1000(from back when I actually had a mic connected to my rig:-)

W0IIT

Hey Julio,

Welcome to the 4SqrpGroup. Fine bunch of folks here with a lot of knowledge and they love to share their knowledge. It is always great to add a new member that can broaden that knowledge base and make are club even more helpful for the QRP community!!

Jump right in!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, Zombie=#500, Geritol=#1000(from back when I actually had a mic connected to my rig:-)

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello Julio.
Welcome aboard.
Thanks for all of you your efforts with the spotting program.
Please feel free to join in with the group at any time.

http://ham.jit.su

On Tuesday, March 19, 2013, Bart Lawson wrote:

Mike,

Another welcome note!! You will fit right in to this bunch!! Don't be a lurker jump right in with questions, answers, suggestions, etc.!!

I checked out your QRZ site and got hooked on the watch making videos. OMG, it made me nervous and jittery just to watch!! Any watch maker or repairer would be a natural at ham radio home brewing and trouble shooting!

Again, welcome!!!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, Zombie=#500, Geritol=#1000(from back when I actually had a mic connected to my rig:-)

Barney <barneyro@...>

Hi Julio, vy welcome to the 4SQRP bunch and thanks for the ham.jit.su too...I know you know all about this little bunch....

72/73

Barney

�

http://ham.jit.su

On Tuesday, March 19, 2013, Bart Lawson wrote:
�

Mike,

Another welcome note!! You will fit right in to this bunch!! Don't be a lurker jump right in with questions, answers, suggestions, etc.!!

I checked out your QRZ site and got hooked on the watch making videos. OMG, it made me nervous and jittery just to watch!! Any watch maker or repairer would be a natural at ham radio home brewing and trouble shooting!

Again, welcome!!!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, Zombie=#500, Geritol=#1000(from back when I actually had a mic connected to my rig:-)

Julio Jimenez

Thanks for the welcome guys!  I'm usually gun-shy when replying to ham-list threads.  Not particularly keen to standing in front of flamethrowers :-).  I feel that I will be able to participate in good conversation here, and still keep my eyebrows.

Speaking of HAMjitsu, this project started as a tool to help the Flying Pigs find other piggies for the Worked All Pigs ongoing contest.  Well, it has snowballed into a web application covering 6 major clubs.  I must note that it wouldn't have been possible without the great minds behind the Reverse Beacon Network.

I hope y'all enjoy it.

72
Julio

http://ham.jit.su

On Tuesday, March 19, 2013, Bart Lawson wrote:

Mike,

Another welcome note!! You will fit right in to this bunch!! Don't be a lurker jump right in with questions, answers, suggestions, etc.!!

I checked out your QRZ site and got hooked on the watch making videos. OMG, it made me nervous and jittery just to watch!! Any watch maker or repairer would be a natural at ham radio home brewing and trouble shooting!

Again, welcome!!!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, Zombie=#500, Geritol=#1000(from back when I actually had a mic connected to my rig:-)

Tim N9PUZ

On 3/19/2013 8:44 PM, Julio Jimenez wrote:
Thanks for the welcome guys! I'm usually gun-shy when replying to
ham-list threads. Not particularly keen to standing in front of
flamethrowers :-). I feel that I will be able to participate in good
conversation here, and still keep my eyebrows.
Julio,

No need to worry about flamethrowers here. 4SQRP is a very friendly group. Kind of like a bunch of friends sitting around the kitchen table drinking a beverage and swapping stories.

73,

Tim N9PUZ
4SQRP Moderator

Barney <barneyro@...>

Hi Julio;

���� I can't remember any of the 'flamethrowers' here at all.� You'll like this bunch of 'Elmers'

73/72

Barney

http://ham.jit.su

On Tuesday, March 19, 2013, Bart Lawson wrote:
�

Mike,

Another welcome note!! You will fit right in to this bunch!! Don't be a lurker jump right in with questions, answers, suggestions, etc.!!

I checked out your QRZ site and got hooked on the watch making videos. OMG, it made me nervous and jittery just to watch!! Any watch maker or repairer would be a natural at ham radio home brewing and trouble shooting!

Again, welcome!!!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, Zombie=#500, Geritol=#1000(from back when I actually had a mic connected to my rig:-)

W0IIT

Julio,

HAMjitsu was absolutely new to me and will certainly be used at this shack! Really appreciate it and welcome you to the group.

True, no need for asbestos suites and face shields in this group and certainly hope it stays that way!!!