Topics

NJQRP Skeeter Hunt - tomorrow!

Larry Makoski

Tomorrow, Sunday August 16th is the 9th running of the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.

277 of you have signed up for Skeeter numbers, so there should be lots of activity out there. Our fingers are crossed that the Propagation Princess will be in a good mood and will cooperate. This is an all time record number of Skeeters - NJQRP thanks each and every one of you for participating. It's not too late to sign up for a number, I'll be issuing them right up to about 10:00 AM EDT tomorrow for any late comers - just send an e-amil to w2lj@... and I'll send you an e-mail back with your Skeeter Number for 2020.

If anyone is fuzzy about the rules, please visit http://www.qsl.net/w2lj - the rules are easy and not cumbersome. The exchange is easy and the main goal of this exercize is to provide ample fun - no jumping through hoops here.

Lastly, in these COVID times, please remember to stay safe. Back yard operations with a temporary antenna and a power source other than your home's commercial mains count as portable for the Skeeter Hunt. No need to go off into the public if you feel safer at home. If you do venture out, please keep yourself safe by observing your area's restrictions (i.e facial coverings, social distancing and above all Common Sense). We at NJQRP want to have you all back next year for the 10th Anniversary of the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.

Go out there, be careful and have fun! Hope to hear you and get your call signs in the log!

72 de Larry W2LJ - Contest Manager - Skeeter # 13

Jeff Logullo N0̸MII

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow's the annual NJQRP Skeeter Hunt -- have you applied for your Skeeter number yet? It's not too late! Send your email to request a number RIGHT NOW and you'll get one in time for tomorrow's contest. See below.

I decided I'd work hard to get a low number this year... and I succeeded. :-)

Hope to hear and work other SLQS members tomorrow. Here's to good weather and good propagation!

72,
Jeff N0̸MII

Begin forwarded message:

From: Larry Makoski <w2ljqrp@...>
Subject: [FPqrp-L] NJQRP Skeeter Hunt - tomorrow!
Date: August 15, 2020 at 6:35:14 AM CDT

[...]

Jeff N0̷MII

Jeff Logullo N0̸MII

LOL - my brain was thinking "SLQS" but my fingers typed "4SQRP."

No matter -- hope to hear and work other 4SQRP members tomorrow too!

Hi everyone,

--
Jeff N0̷MII

Peter Dehman

Need a Skeeter Number please.

Thanks,

de WA1ISA

From: Larry Makoski <w2ljqrp@...>
Date: August 15, 2020 at 6:35:14 AM CDT

[...]

WOOPS!
Wrong Email address.
Sorry!

de WA1ISA

From: Larry Makoski <w2ljqrp@...>
Date: August 15, 2020 at 6:35:14 AM CDT

[...]

John Netro

Does the radio have to be kit also?

I have Yaesu FT-818nd that runs off AA batteries and homebrew buddistick  that I plan to use today

Thanks
N9WVM

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 7:34 AM Larry Makoski <w2ljqrp@...> wrote:

[...]

No, John. It does not have to be.  There are four Station Classes in the Skeeter Hunt:

Station Classes and Multipliers
X1 Home stations - commercial equipment
X2 Home stations - home brewed or kit built equipment
X3 Portable station - commercial equipment
X4 Portable station - home brewed or kit built equipment

Larry W2LJ