Topics

NJQRP Skeeter Hunt numbers

Larry Makoski

Skeeter Hunters!

The Ninth Annual NJQRP Skeeter Hunt is set for Sunday, August 16th.

A word about Skeeter Hunt numbers as I'm already receiving e-mail requests. Tradition is that Skeeter Hunt numbers are issued as of the First Day of Summer - which this year is NEXT Saturday, June. ONLY e-mail requests sent as of 12:01 AM Saturday EDTwill be honored.

"Why/ What difference does it make?" you may well ask yourself. The answer is simple - it gives eveyone interested an equal opportunity to acquire a lower number. To some that's no big deal, but to others it's a very big deal - so everyone gets the same chance. And it also adds another level of participation that keeps YOU in the game, so to speak.

Why new numbers every year and not the same one year after year like other contests? Because not everyone can participate each year - family commitments or vacations or other things come up that prevent people from participating.

So folks, start pouring in those e-mails to w2ljqrp@... AFTER Midnight when this coming Friday turns into Saturday, here in NJ. And as always, please, please, PLEASE include your call sign, your name (that you will use when operating) and the State or Province that you will be operating from.

Hope to hear from you all real soon!

Larry W2LJ

NJQRP Skeeter Hunt Contest Manager

Tom Sevart

On 6/14/2020 19:40, Larry Makoski wrote:
Skeeter Hunters!
The Ninth Annual NJQRP Skeeter Hunt is set for Sunday, August 16th.
If you really want to find skeeters, just come to my back yard.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Same up here Tom