Topics

NJQRP Skeeter Hunt - What's next?

Larry Makoski

Skeeter Hunters,

Wow! That was a blast! Even though band conditions were far from stellar (I'm trying to be kind!), there seemed to be a lot of activity - and that's because of all of YOU! Without you, the Skeeter Hunt would be a big nothing. All of you out there make it what it is - and I'm so grateful to all of you for that.

The next step is to submit your log summaries. This is not a complicated or arduous undertaking - NJQRP means to keep it "Easy peasy, lemon squeezy". No ADIFs or Cabrillos are needed - no jumping through hoops. Just send an e-mail to w2lj@... with the following (example shown)

Larry - W2LJ - NJ
Skeeter #13 - All CW
Single Op
Skeeter QSOs - 23
Non-Skeeter QRP QSOs - 5
Non-Skeeter QRO QSOs - (if any)
S/P/Cs - 18
Station Class Multiplier X4
Bonus - Yes or No as to whether or not you used a homebrew antenna.

Please feel free to include your soapbox comments and any photos you wish to share.

All this is due two weeks from today - August 30th, 2020. The Scoreboard will be posted over Labor Day weeebnd and certificates and the publishing of the Soapbox will follow soon afterward.

On behalf of NJQRP - once again ...... thanks do much for being there!

Larry W2LJ

Viktors Miske

All I heard / saw was a scrawny grey squirell inspecting my shamefull antenna.

Dr Jim Kennedy

I tried to participate today but I guess an assortment of poor antenna choice, band conditions, and locations that I chose (working portable) apparently all together did not help my efforts. I heard some calls to the South of me and I tried to make some contacts, but not a single QSO in the book.

However, I enjoyed the preparation (built my own vertical slinky antenna with 9:1 unun) and the hunt.

Thank you Larry for putting this together and making it go! Very much appreciated.

--
*72/73, Doc - K2PHD
OOTC#4697 - SKCC#5669 - NAQCC#9194 - FISTS#18988