Topics

Note on the SSCPO: big improvement in sound

wa2cky

Just as an FYI for any other builders - the sound output and quality improve quite a bit if the unit is just tilted up a bit at the back or mounted a 1/2" or so off the table. Apparently lots of good stuff coming off the back of the speaker which is lost with the SSCPO just sitting on it's little feet.

Bob Groh, WA2CKY

Jim, N5IB

Funny that the SSCPO topic should crop up.
I just finished a little surface mount version of Dave's circuit.
Decreasing the value of the resistors in series with the speaker and it performs quite nicely on 3 V from a pair of AA cells. Adequate volume, but not loud enough to annoy parents........ important because.....

It's tucked into a key I 3-D printed for my grand daughter Tessa, who just turned 3 this week. You might recall a photo I posted a few weeks back of her trying her hand at the Brown Bothers paddles on my K2. Now she can have a key of her own.

A roller-lever microswitch is hidden under the trunion, and there's provision to bring out a connection to actually key a tranmitter .... one day....

Photos are attached.

73
Jim, N5IB

wa2cky

Very nice!
Bob Groh, WA2CKY

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 3:37 PM n5ib_2 <n5ib@...> wrote:
Funny that the SSCPO topic should crop up.
I just finished a little surface mount version of Dave's circuit.
Decreasing the value of the resistors in series with the speaker and it performs quite nicely on 3 V from a pair of AA cells. Adequate volume, but not loud enough to annoy parents........ important because.....

It's tucked into a key I 3-D printed for my grand daughter Tessa, who just turned 3 this week. You might recall a photo I posted a few weeks back of her trying her hand at the Brown Bothers paddles on my K2. Now she can have a key of her own.

A roller-lever microswitch is hidden under the trunion, and there's provision to bring out a connection to actually key a tranmitter .... one day....

Photos are attached.

73
Jim, N5IB

Johnny AC0BQ