Ge Charles
In listening.
I have strong stations right above me

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 6:45 PM Charles W. Powell via Groups.Io <doctorcwp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
If anyone wants to try out their Nouveau 75  I will be listening at or around 3875 kHz at 1900 Central time (0100 UTC).  Short notice but let’s give it a try.

72,

Chas - NK8O

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Charles W. Powell

I called for about 10 minutes but nothing heard.  There are some adjacent SSB stations below and other AM stations above.  I wonder how we will do on CW net tonight?  Band could be long.  We shall see.

72,

Chas - NK8O

Johnny Matlock

I was listening Charles.
The guys up at 3885 pretty well had me covered up at 3875.
Man they are sure strong?

40 was really long last night during the fox hunts, I worked CA.

Cu all at 8:00 8:30 and 9:00.
I am the only lonely NCS tonight!

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Charles W. Powell

I have the Hilltopper 40 out for 40 meters tonight but I suspect it will be quite long.  The bands have been pretty exceptional today - I picked up several 10 DX stations, and had a little rag chew with two different stations on 60m in the middle of the afternoon.  First on Channel 1 and the second o Channel 2.  But we shall see how it goes.

w9ran

On 11/20/2019 7:24 PM, Charles W. Powell via Groups.Io wrote:
I called for about 10 minutes but nothing heard.
Charlie, if you're around check 3880 next Wed. night starting at 5PM your time, for the Mighty Elmac Net.    Net control is WA6GYC out of the Detroit area and you should be able to hear him at least until the band goes long.   It was fading after about 1/2 hour when I checked in with my Nouveau 75 aided by a single sweep-tube amplifier running about 20 watts carrier, but Rex heard me better than I was hearing him at the time.   He just got his N-75 kit so there will be others on the net soon.

The Elmac net has moved up a couple of hours due to 75 meter propagation, but meets each Wed. on 3880 except the first Wed. of the month when the Collins Collectors AM Net take over, and you'll get to hear lots of "tall ship" AM stations then.

73, Bob W9RAN

Charles W. Powell

Thanks for the information Bob.  I have heard a lot of activity on 75m AM because I often just turn on the radio when I'm in the shack.  I'll have to pull out the Hardrock 50 if I really want to be heard.  The HR-50 should be fine because you can over-drive it beyond its specifications and the only worry is overheating.  As long as you watch the temp, it will be fine.  I think it's pretty heavily under-spec for what the finals can do.

I figure that most of the stations won't hear me even if I try running barefoot.  I was surprised that Johnny and I couldn't work this evening because he was S9+20 on the CW net.  But then that's the difference between CW and AM.  I think it also might help if I put up a true NVIS antenna, like a horizontal loop in the back yard.  I have just enough room, so it's a matter of putting up some supports.  Anyway, the N-75 has been a surprisingly fun little project.

73, Charles NK8O