Topics

Nouveau 75 frequency selection

Fun kit to build and very professional looking when completed.
However, having just completed the construction, I was surprised to discover several issues.
The facts:
First, and most importantly, the receiver opens with the no 75 message and defaults to the frequency. Unfortunately, it only tunes 3.839 to 3.840 (the default frequency) and no other frequencies. I cannot select any other frequency.
Second, depressing the tune button does not dim the display (not a big concern) but it does allow me to bring up the 1.901 or 1.902 setting.
Third, the LED does dim with a strong signal present as from a signal generator.
Fourth, I do have audio from the speaker and headphone jack.
My question is what may be the cause of limited frequency selection?
In advance, thanks!
Fred, K8IG

cornhusker

I'd check the connections to the encoder (tuning control) to see if something is not right.
73 de K0NEB

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 2:21 PM, Fred Freer
<k8ig@...> wrote:
Fun kit to build and very professional looking when completed.
However, having just completed the construction, I was surprised to discover several issues.
The facts:
First, and most importantly, the receiver opens with the no 75 message and defaults to the frequency. Unfortunately, it only tunes 3.839 to 3.840 (the default frequency) and no other frequencies. I cannot select any other frequency.
Second, depressing the tune button does not dim the display (not a big concern) but it does allow me to bring up the 1.901 or 1.902 setting.
Third, the LED does dim with a strong signal present as from a signal generator.
Fourth, I do have audio from the speaker and headphone jack.
My question is what may be the cause of limited frequency selection?
In advance, thanks!
Fred, K8IG

Curt M.

As cornhusker said, I would check the encoder.  Be sure that when you pushed the encoder into the circuit bard that one of the legs didn't bend under.  Typically you would notice that when you solder the encoder in place but anything is possible.  I would also check the solder joints on the encoder and make sure they are all soldered and that none are bridged.

Curt M.