Nouveau 75B

david holloway <jdavidholloway@...>

Hello all. This is my first message to the group.

I am building the Nouveau- 75B kit and have a question.

In the instructions, it is noted that a capacitor has a long lead for the positive (Square) circuit board connection, and the short wire  (Negative) is to be inserted in the round circle connection. And also to double-check, there is a marking at the negative end of the capacitor.

So, now I am ready for D6 (SB240)  and this Diode has two paper tabs on the end of the lead wires, one red and one white.

And the circuit board has a silkscreen notation for the diode to be positioned with the stripe toward the square hole. The square identified holes through the board were positive.

I have spent a great deal of time researching and find a lot about anode and cathode and the direction of energy flow.

The instructions say to be very careful and check, but provide little in the way of information that would allow me to properly position the D6 diode.

Maybe I am overthinking this, but my instructions were from Model 75A, and my unit is the 75B. And I am just trying to be careful.

Please elaborate on my puzzle.

Thanks and 73

Dave Holloway

W3JDH

Sent from Mail for Windows

John Lonigro

David:

I suggest you go to the 4SQRP website (kit section).   If you go to the Nouveau-75A kitsection, there's a place where you can join the support and information group for that radio.  The link is right below the title of the kit (Nouveau 75A designed by David Cripe NM0S).  I'm sure you can find out all you need to know to successfully build this radio there.

72,

John, AA0VE

On 3/7/22 06:50, david holloway via groups.io wrote:

[...]

Dick <w1ksz@...>

Look at the diode, there should be a white stripe on one end. Mine was
faint but recognizable. That is the Cathode end and you insert the diode
so the white stripes are at the same end.

73, Dick, W1KSZ