November QRP Banner online

Walter - K5EST

Think I musta missed the announcement,  but the Ozark QRP Banner is on the Banner download site.....

Really outstanding job, Keith! Thanks to all the contributors to keep the QRP Banner a premiere publication.

73,
Walter, K5EST

Johnny AC0BQ

I agree Walter
The banner is a awsome!
Thanks to everyone who contributed to it.
72
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Keith Arns

No you did not miss the announcement, I was gone all day and just got home.  Thanks for bringing it up Walter.

regards,
Keith
KC0PP

Tim N9PUZ

Another fine issue of the Banner!

Keith KC0PP's tuner article hit home for me. Over the years I've purchased several "broken" MFJ manual tuners at hamfests. My experience is the problems are minor and they can be easily fixed by correcting poor connections, etc. as Keith describes. I can highly recommend the MFJ-16010 Keith shows in his article and I would also agree that 200W is probably NOT a good idea. I will confess to using mine at 50W on many occasions without any issues.

The last "broken" MFJ-16010 I bought cost $5. The wire going to one of the SO-239 connectors had never been soldered.

A nice modification for this tuner is to add a DPDT toggle switch so you can reverse the input and output jacks without having to swap the cables around.

May the sunspots be with you!

Tim N9PUZ

http://www.4sqrp.com/TheBanner.php