old club look up

N0KNS

We haven't had a Radio Shack around here in a while. Too bad, sort of miss my DX 360, we had fun with it.  Wonder if I could get such again.

No butt, I can't seem to find my old club.  They told me you never forget such. It ended in 0UGU ugly green underwear?   Why does my brain block the beginning?

N0KNS

Shirley Dulcey KE1L

The Internet Archive has a number of old Callbooks, the newest one being from 1997: https://archive.org/details/1997_Radio_Amateur_Callbook/1997_Radio_Amateur_Callbook_District_0/page/n127/mode/2up  The relevant page lists three callsigns in the 0 call district ending in UGU, only one of which belongs to a club: WA0UGU, PHD AR Association, L Miller trustee.

According to QRZ.com, that call is now listed as an alias for W0TE, the Clay County Amateur Radio Club, trustee Larry Phillips W0FP. That club has a web page at https://claycountyradio.webs.com/ plus a page on QSL.net that hasn't been updated since 2017: https://www.qsl.net/w0te/

I hope that helps get you back in touch with your roots!

On Sat, Dec 4, 2021 at 12:36 AM N0KNS via groups.io <JPHurd=AOL.COM@groups.io> wrote:
We haven't had a Radio Shack around here in a while. Too bad, sort of miss my DX 360, we had fun with it.  Wonder if I could get such again.

No butt, I can't seem to find my old club.  They told me you never forget such. It ended in 0UGU ugly green underwear?   Why does my brain block the beginning?

N0KNS

N0KNS

Thank You Shirley,

Perhaps one should poke around, before asking, maybe, but, then i wouldn't have meet you.  It seems one of the officers, lives a couple of houses from my mother.  A long time ago, i ran around with his son.  This might be fun.  I was writing him when your email came through.  looks like VHF UHF antennas all over his yard, i told my brother a couple weeks ago.

[...]

Pat

On Sat, Dec 4, 2021 at 12:26 AM, Shirley Dulcey KE1L wrote:
trustee Larry Phillips W0FP.
I turned on my ChiCom HT the other day for the first time in about three years, and the first thing I heard was Larry "Frosty" Phillips asking for check-ins to the CCARC.  Hearing a break, I checked in with no traffic and was acknowledged.  I was quite impressed with that battery.