Topics

Origin of Maurania Name

Everett Catlin

The name of the radio comes from a 1935 movie serial. The Star was a singing Cowboy played by Gene Autry. It took place called Radio Ranch. There was an ancient civilization of " MU". MU sank beneath the ocean and some of its inhabitants survived in caverns beneath the sea. I guess things dried up and many years later where there was water there was land. Cowboy Gene Autry stumbles upon the civilization, now buried beneath his own Radio Ranch. The Muranians have developed technology far advanced to the surface residents. There is a rich supply of Radium and that draws unwanted speculators.

Bottom Line. The name of the Murania is derived from the civilization of Muranians who live 25,000 miles below the surface .All 12 episodes can be found on the net to view. This story was related to me in an e mail by David Cripe a little over a year ago.

73
Everett Catlin N5MZX

4SQRP # 1314

bleepingbeep

I arrived at the same conclusion yesterday.  Thanks for confirming.

Jerry AA6KI