locked OT - Is it a sign...

AG1P Ron

GE Everyone,

Is it a sign that you are reverting back to childhood when you start using Kc instead of KHz when sharing frequency info? Should this behavior be considered worrisome?

72 - Ron - AG1P

Johnny AC0BQ

I think it is Ron!!
I used cycles for years before it got converted to Hertz.
72
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Walter - K5EST

Naw Ron!

Actually a KHz is just a growed up and hair'd  over Kc :-)

73,

Walter - K5EST - WD

On Thu, May 12, 2022, 22:24 AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

GE Everyone,

Is it a sign that you are reverting back to childhood when you start using Kc instead of KHz when sharing frequency info? Should this behavior be considered worrisome?

72 - Ron - AG1P

Everett Catlin

First ticket 1964. Cycles OK with Me.I guess I am reverting back to my childhood.

Ev Catlin WA2BHS
Formerly N5MZX just received my dad's old call

David Todd <ac9xh@...>

Ron,

Not at all. KC was used alot from myself and others for years. The khz and mhz usage was made common from wet behind the ears engineers who couldnt understand the Kc abbreviation and demanded we go to the metric way.

I prefer the old ways. makes sense and We have lost alot of the old way knowledge which actually surpasses todays technology. In my own crusty opinion.

Its easier on CW too.HI HI
So i guess ive been in my childhood years for over 40 years.

My problems started whenever i opened up a newer rig to adjust the circuits of the finals to peak them and set the neutralization, couldnt find the dang nabbed tubes.HI HI.

73
David
AC9XH

On Friday, May 13, 2022, 05:42:34 AM EDT, Everett Catlin <everettcatlin68@...> wrote:

First ticket 1964. Cycles OK with Me.I guess I am reverting back to my childhood.

Ev Catlin WA2BHS
Formerly N5MZX just received my dad's old call

Rick Bennett

Is there a need for a support group for kilocycle users. Hi

de Rick, KC0PET

Walter - K5EST

Now I'm smile'n like a mule eating cactus :-)

Viva kc's

Walter - K5EST - WD

On Fri, May 13, 2022, 08:19 Rick Bennett via groups.io <kc0pet=embarqmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is there a need for a support group for kilocycle users. Hi

de Rick, KC0PET

nm0s_qrp

I last used kilocycles when I was measuring a variable condenser for my crystal set.

Jim Sheldon

I had a heck of a time converting from KC/MC while I was teaching electronics & R-390 receiver repair in the Army back in the early 70's when things really started to change.  Took me a couple of years to get used to the current KHz and MHz but now it would be difficult to go back if old Heinrich Hertz ever falls out of favor, LOL.

Jim - W0EB

I last used kilocycles when I was measuring a variable condenser for my crystal set.

O-B-1

Kill-O-Cycle...
That's what I called a steep hill at 7,000 ft elevation that I was riding my mountain bike up...
Too old to Kill-O-Cycle now...

Yeah... A big chunk-o-me is Irish...😆

73-Dave-KJ7WUZ

On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 6:57, Jim Sheldon
<w0eb@...> wrote:
I had a heck of a time converting from KC/MC while I was teaching electronics & R-390 receiver repair in the Army back in the early 70's when things really started to change.  Took me a couple of years to get used to the current KHz and MHz but now it would be difficult to go back if old Heinrich Hertz ever falls out of favor, LOL.

Jim - W0EB

I last used kilocycles when I was measuring a variable condenser for my crystal set.

Shirley Dulcey KE1L

Now it Hz too much!