Ozark Patrol question

Mlike McEwen

What are good ways to ground the Ozark Patrol?

72 Doc K5OSA

Curt

Doc

usually regen receivers do not require an earth connection or a very long antenna. I have a homebrew ozark patrol regen here, I just recall using a decent length of wire. Getting the gimmick correct, I ended up using a 1 or 2 pF cap and careful tuning are the main keys.

curt wb8yyy

Curt

Edited

I just connect ozark patrol ground to station ground, which in my case is also electrical safety ground.  Like everything else in the shack lol

Curt KB5JO

Mlike McEwen

Makes sense...73

On Sat, Aug 7, 2021, 4:10 AM Curt via groups.io <rhulett1=consolidated.net@groups.io> wrote:
I just connect ground to station ground, which in my case is also electrical safety ground.  Like everything else in the shack lol

Curt KB5JO

Curt

Doc

Are you getting signals with your regen?  Curious why you ask about ground?

Curt

Tom Denton

I got one of the yellow replacement 110v plugs from the hardware store and removed the hot and neutral blades. I then connected about 10 feet of wire to the ground position in the plug.

My granddaughter throws about 30' of antenna wire over the curtain rods and plugs into ground to tune around the bands.

The ground does seem to make the receiver a little quieter.

Mlike McEwen

The extension cord gimmick sounds great.  As a matter of fact, I was thinking of the same thing.

72/73 Doc K5OSA