Ozarkcon

nm0s_qrp <ai9e_qrp@...>

What can I say that hasn't already been said - Ozarkcon 2013 was an amazing time. Thanks to all who worked so hard to make it a success. The hard part is waiting a year until the next one!

73 Dave NM0S

WA1EDJ

I saw in the agenda for Ozarkon the mention of the  Cyclone 40 kit introduction......I was not able to attend....what is this kit?

Bob  WA1EDJ

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 9:29 AM, nm0s_qrp <ai9e_qrp@...> wrote:
What can I say that hasn't already been said - Ozarkcon 2013 was an amazing time.  Thanks to all who worked so hard to make it a success.  The hard part is waiting a year until the next one!

73 Dave NM0S

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    4sqrp-digest@...
    4sqrp-fullfeatured@...

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Nick-WA5BDU

Enjoyed yet another OzarkCon. Haven't missed one since the earliest days of ArkieCon.

The seminars were all interesting. The most exciting to me was the description of the upcoming Cyclone 40 transceiver. It's got a whole bunch of really unique and clever design features, and the receiver tested right up with the most expensive commercial rigs. Going from memory -- the thing has a receive mixer using four MOSFETs which also acts as the final amplifier in transmit mode! Through some kind of sleight of hand I didn't understand fully, this allows simple T/R switching with QSK possible up to 100 WPM. There's an analog permeability tuned VFO and soon to be added frequency annunciation MCU. Also what looks like a really interesting AGC circuit to keep you from getting blasted by strong signals. A four pole Gaussian (?) crystal filter that's supposed to sound better than the typical Cohn type. A wide range of battery voltages is usable too, like the ATS-3. Now I have to decide what 40M rig to get rid of.

Missed a few people, but it still seems like there was good attendance and I enjoyed meeting with a number of old friends I see but once a year.

73-

Nick, WA5BDU