OzarkCon 2021

davemrtn

All the Presentations were "Great" !

Presentations aside, I want to recognize the effort of those that put together this ZOOM event for OzarkCon.

Some might call it a compromise, but as far as I am concerned there was nothing about this year's (2021) OzarkCon that was compromised or disappointing. Certainly nothing that can’t be dealt with in the future as more experience is gained.

In the most recent years of OzarkCon Branson, we had grown to, or near, the capacity of the event venue and I heard it mentioned OzarkCon was becoming a victim to it's own success.

ZOOM, or some other equivalent (or better) method seems to be a wonderful method for expanding beyond physical limitations of some venues, and certainly allows those unable to physically attend the oppurtunity to participate in OzarkCon. Not to mention, if all the prestations were pre-recorded it would be a wonderful resource for reviewing each of them on the 4SQRP/OzarkCon website at a later date.

Another greatness about the prerecorded ZOOM presentations is, all the power point presentations will have the audio with them and have much more meaning that a PPT alone that are commonly found on the internet.

Back to where I was going with this. I want to give special recognition to all those that must have put in many hours making this ‘virtual’ OzarkCon a FABULOUS event. You have my thanks and my respect for your effort.

Besides all that, the refrigerator and restroom were only steps away ! !

Wherever I go, there He is.

Darryl K4VLP

And the iPad was carried to the kitchen and bathroom so nothing was missed!

Darryl K4VLP

John - KK4ITX

It will be interesting to see how many states actually showed up.  It was sure easier to get to “Branson” via the Internet than by plane  !

GREAT JOB !

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On Apr 10, 2021, at 16:44, Darryl Mentro Sr. <dmentro@...> wrote:

And the iPad was carried to the kitchen and bathroom so nothing was missed!

Darryl K4VLP

Joe KU5M

I agree with you in all respects but one.

I truly missed the fellowship of fellow attendees while queuing for meals or break necessities, sharing meals, and rubbing shoulders to examine the keys and projects.

Thanks to those who put forth all the efforts to make OzarkCon 2021 this great success for all of us observers. Superior production, folks.

Hope to be there with all who can next year.

Joe   KU5M

davemrtn

And let's not forget the vendor tables.  I always enjoy buying goodies from those tables.

I agree with you in all respects but one.

I truly missed the fellowship of fellow attendees while queuing for meals or break necessities, sharing meals, and rubbing shoulders to examine the keys and projects.

Thanks to those who put forth all the efforts to make OzarkCon 2021 this great success for all of us observers. Superior production, folks.

Hope to be there with all who can next year.

Joe �� KU5M

Tom Sevart

On 4/10/2021 15:35, davemrtn wrote:

Besides all that, the refrigerator and restroom were only steps away ! !
And there was lots of neat stuff at the vendors' tables, was totally free and I didn't even have to move it. Of course it all looked like the exact same stuff I already have. Plus my wife didn't get mad about me buying a new radio.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

wynger99@yahoo.com

Thanks to all the people that made this happen

I agree that the lap top can work in any room,  I simply

walked into the living room with a BIG  screen TV plugged in the

 cables and watched all the presentations from the recliner  !  The size of the picture

made it seem like the presenters were in the room with me.   I watched them all

THANKS  a bunch  72's  Dale WN0WWY

On Saturday, April 10, 2021, 10:05:24 PM CDT, Tom Sevart <tmsevart@...> wrote:

On 4/10/2021 15:35, davemrtn wrote:

> Besides all that, the refrigerator and restroom were only steps away ! !

And there was lots of neat stuff at the vendors' tables, was totally
free and I didn't even have to move it.  Of course it all looked like
the exact same stuff I already have.  Plus my wife didn't get mad about
me buying a new radio.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Curt

It was much easier for an out of region stranger to mingle in chat text and a maybe a couple vocalizations during break discussion, than it was attending 3 or 4 live events when they were here. I was glad to be warmly engaged. Glad also to see the prize winners expressing appreciation. Keep touching the silicon, tickling the ions and appreciating its all been given to us. Thanks for hosting.

Curt

Kent Trimble, K9ZTV

Caution . . .

In a casual conversation with one of my town's most prominent and charitable Catholic families, I asked if they had attended Easter services at their church last week, now that things had opened up.  They replied, "No we didn't.  It's been so nice to lay in bed in our pajamas, eat donuts and drink coffee while watching mass on Zoom this past year, that we're thinking we'll just continue doing so in the future."

73,

Kent  K9ZTV

On 4/11/2021 11:47 AM, someone wrote:
It was much easier for an out of region stranger to mingle in chat text and a maybe a couple vocalizations during break discussion, than it was attending 3 or 4 live events when they were here.

Wayne Dillon

I just got a note from the folks at the G-QRP-Club which basically said that they were trying to plan for an in-person HamFest (telford, shropshire, England) but were also planning to live stream it in case that large a gathering would not be possible. I understand that the "virtual" HamFest was a great success (as was Ozarkcon). Just thinking aloud.
Be blessed all,
Wayne - NQ0RP

--

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - NQ0RP

Fate whispered to courageous "You cannot withstand the storm"
Courageous  whispered back "I am the storm"