ozarkcon.........great

Phil Anderson

Back home today, left Branson at 8:30 and arrived in Lawrence, KS about 12:40.....

Yup, a neat show and good talks. Tom, I too noted Woody's electronic Enigma
simulator and it sure was a beautiful and neat project. He indicated we could order it through a group/museum? in the UK.....search via google to find.

Anybody else tired? Hi. Unk Phil

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello Phil and the group.
Yes Pam and I are tired too, but it's  "fun tired"
We are about an hour from home. It will feel good to get there!

It was without a doubt another Super OZARKCON!
Thanks goes out to Terry, the great speakers, and the volunteers for making it another great event!
It was great to see old friends, as well as making a few new ones!
Hope to cu guys on the nets next week!
Good luck and great building.

On Sunday, April 7, 2013, Phil Anderson wrote:

Back home today, left Branson at 8:30 and arrived in Lawrence, KS about 12:40.....

Yup, a neat show and good talks. Tom, I too noted Woody's electronic Enigma
simulator and it sure was a beautiful and neat project. He indicated we could order it through a group/museum? in the UK.....search via google to find.

Anybody else tired? Hi. Unk Phil

Ray Cadmus

Yes, ozarkcon was great and yes, I'm tired too even though I just live up the road a bit and my travel is a bit easier than many.

I enjoyed the presentations - even those I wasn't sure I would be interested in. (Sorry about the dangled, fractured english ) I didn't think I would care about the DXpedition but Jay's presentation was very interesting. For a self-described - behind the scenes guy - he did a great job behind the mike as well.

The glimpse into the world of movie making would have been fascinating - even without the morse tie in...

My own attempt at a mag-loop is gathering dust in the shop - now I need to get it out, fix it up, and see if it can do as well as our presenter indicated :-)

The more technical presentations may have bit a bit over my head (not hard) but hopefully I learned a little something. Learned at least how little I know about transceiver design. I was concerned for a while that we might be in for a QRP transceiver without a computer chip - but in the end he did save that... (old computer geek - gotta have those chips )

Picked up some bits and pieces in the market area. I was tempted but held out on the BuddiPole. It really was tempting but having just built one for myself I couldn't justify it.

Enjoyed the Elecraft display. I thought I was happy with my K1 & KX1 - but now I may need a KX-3 :-(

My one regret is that I didn't meet anyone from the Springfield area. I'm sure you were there. Saw a couple in the registration list but these old eyes can't read the name tags fast enough to pick them out of the crowd. Would really like to start a Springfield area get together for a weekly lunch or something.

Good day all around.

Thanks everyone,

ray W0PFO

--

Tom Sevart <n2uhc@...>

On 04/07/2013 13:42, Phil Anderson wrote:

Yup, a neat show and good talks. Tom, I too noted Woody's electronic Enigma
simulator and it sure was a beautiful and neat project. He indicated we
could order it through a group/museum? in the UK.....search via google
to find.
Anybody else tired? Hi. Unk Phil
I think he said he got it from the museum at Bletchly Park.

Yes, I'm tired as well. A 3 hour drive and met up with the wife & in-laws in Pittsburg for dinner, then came home to mow the grass before it started raining again, which it didn't. Then had a number of other things to do so no chance of a nap for me at all.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Tom Sevart <n2uhc@...>

Oh and I can't wait to get started working on new projects, like the QRPometer I bought. Seems like after every Ozarkcon I'm pumped up to work on new homebrew projects.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Jim Sheldon

It's actually from the website called -- www.cryptomuseum.com which, I think is in Holland, not Bletchley Park, England.  That website has a lot of info on the old cipher and crypto machines, including simulators for the Enigma and the American KL-7 that can be downloaded and run on just about any PC.

Jim - W0EB

> On 04/07/2013 13:42, Phil Anderson wrote:
>
>> Yup, a neat show and good talks. Tom, I too noted Woody's
>> electronic Enigma simulator and it sure was a beautiful and neat
>> project. He indicated we could order it through a group/museum?
>> in the UK.....search via google to find. Anybody else tired? Hi.
>> Unk Phil
>>

> I think he said he got it from the museum at Bletchly Park.
>
> Yes, I'm tired as well.  A 3 hour drive and met up with the wife &
> in-laws in Pittsburg for dinner, then came home to mow the grass
> before it started raining again, which it didn't.  Then had a
> number of other things to do so no chance of a nap for me at all.
>
> --
> Tom Sevart N2UHC
> St. Paul, KS

> <*> Your email settings:
> Individual Email | Traditional
>
> <*> To change settings online go to:
> (Yahoo! ID required)
>
> <*> To change settings via email:
> 4sqrp-digest@...
> 4sqrp-fullfeatured@...

Jim Sheldon

Tired?  Tired don't get it by half, but it was an absolutely fun weekend.  N5LXW and I left Branson around 8:00 Sunday morning.  We must have rolled through Beaumont sometime before the hailstorm hit as we didn't even get rained on.  The skies to the South were really dark looking pretty much all the way along highway 400, but didn't notice any lightening during our drive.  We stopped at Bacani Plaza just outside of Fredonia about 11:30 for a short munchie break and got to my place in Park City around 1:30.  It sprinkled a few drops as we were unloading the car and getting all of N5LXW's stuff transferred to his car so he could head up to Newton, but that was all the precip of any type we saw the whole trip.  To top that off, only had .01" of rain in the gauge this morning.  Need MORE here -

Sorry you guys got hailed on - Paul, you apparently got hammered!  OUCH!  Don'cha just hate it when that happens!!!!  Glad everybody that has reported in got home safely.

Jim - W0EB