Topics

Para-sets

ROBERT NELSON

One of the reasons that I built a Bayou Jumper is that a I feel a connection to the communications guys of WW2. In WW2 the US Army’s communications intelligence command was called the Signals Intelligence Service. It was headquartered at a commandeered woman’s college called Arlington Hall Station. After the war signals intelligence was renamed the Army Security Agency. I served in Army Security during the. Vietnam war. In 1965 I was assigned to Arlington Hall Station.

Regards, Bob K2QPN

Curt

A few years ago was wanting to build a Paraset replica, thankfully the Bayou Jumper came along and scratched the itch without having to build the hardware needed for a replica.  The Jumper is a fun, well designed radio.  Too bad the kit didn't continue.

Curt, KB5JO