Topics

Parts list for beginning builder

Jeremy Utley

Hey all!

Want some advice from the experts, as I sit here in Branson after the presentations. During Joe (K0NEB)'s presentation on kit building, he recommended getting a bunch of "common" parts (resistors, caps, etc) and keeping them on hand in case you need them.  As a beginning builder, I was thinking I don't have much of a junk box built up currently, and I wondered if some of you in the group were just starting over again, what kind of stuff would you want to stock up on?  Know of someplace that sells a "grab bag" of common stuff?  Any advice you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jeremy, N9PH

Jerry Haigwood <jerry@...>

Hi Jeremy,

     Furturlec.com sells what they call “value packs.”  These are an assortment of different resistors, capacitors, etc.  They are very reasonably priced.  You can see them here.

<http://futurlec.com/ValuePacks.shtml>

Please note that it takes about weeks to get them from Hong Kong.

Jerry W5JH

Want some advice from the experts, as I sit here in Branson after the presentations. During Joe (K0NEB)'s presentation on kit building, he recommended getting a bunch of "common" parts (resistors, caps, etc) and keeping them on hand in case you need them.  As a beginning builder, I was thinking I don't have much of a junk box built up currently, and I wondered if some of you in the group were just starting over again, what kind of stuff would you want to stock up on?  Know of someplace that sells a "grab bag" of common stuff?  Any advice you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jeremy, N9PH

Jerry Haigwood <jerry@...>

I should say it takes about 3 weeks to receive the parts.