Topics

Pig Rig #147 - First QSO just now

random.path

Just finished a QSO with KY0O on 7.0307 in Kansas City - he on his HW9. I sent him to the Pig Rig site, he was not familiar with it.

Putting out between 3 and 4 watts he gave me a 599.

Thanks to Terry's label, it is a nice looking pig too.

Chip
AE5KA

Charlie Vest

Not too long ago Diz was down to 15 kits left . Does anyone know if he sold out this run ?

171 is ready to put the crystal sockets in , but I am going to wait until I can check both sets at the same time .

Dug the FT-707S out and moved it so now I have a QRP rig on every desk that has a desktop computer on it .

Still using my SPIDERS out at the farm , so now I am pretty much set to run QRP CW anywhere I am at.

The pig rig will allow me high power out at the farm . I will have 40,30 and 20 out there , so I am looking forward to finding someone with an 80 meter SPIDER they are willing to part with or maybe go with the next pig rig for 80 meters .

Charlie , W5COV

Just finished a QSO with KY0O on 7.0307 in Kansas City - he on his HW9. I sent him to the Pig Rig site, he was not familiar with it.

Chip
AE5KA

Johnny AC0BQ

Congrats Chip!
I am happy to hear that you got the "Flying Pig Rig" on the air.
We need to set up a Sked in the next week or so.
Terry does a great job with the label software.
hope to heat you on the air soon.
es 72
Johnny AC0BQ

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 6:24 PM, random.path <groups@...> wrote:

Chip
AE5KA

random.path

Hi Johnny -

That would be great. Anxious to meet snout to snout with some more Pigs!

As for the picture, Terry, I'm waiting for a suitable knob to finish it off and I'll send in a picture. All the knobs in my junk box are for half-moon style shafts, not round ones. Found some nice ones on Ebay, though, and we'll just have to wait for the slow boat from China.

Chip
AE5KA

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 2:33 AM, Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:

Congrats Chip!
I am happy to hear that you got the "Flying Pig Rig" on the air.
We need to set up a Sked in the next week or so.
Terry does a great job with the label software.
hope to heat you on the air soon.
es 72
Johnny AC0BQ

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 6:24 PM, random.path <groups@...> wrote:

Chip
AE5KA