Topics

Pig Rig #147 - First QSO just now

random.path

Just finished a QSO with KY0O on 7.0307 in Kansas City - he on his HW9. I sent him to the Pig Rig site, he was not familiar with it.

Putting out between 3 and 4 watts he gave me a 599.

Thanks to Terry's label, it is a nice looking pig too.

Chip
AE5KA

Charlie Vest

Not too long ago Diz was down to 15 kits left . Does anyone know if he sold out this run ?

171 is ready to put the crystal sockets in , but I am going to wait until I can check both sets at the same time .

Dug the FT-707S out and moved it so now I have a QRP rig on every desk that has a desktop computer on it .

Still using my SPIDERS out at the farm , so now I am pretty much set to run QRP CW anywhere I am at.

The pig rig will allow me high power out at the farm . I will have 40,30 and 20 out there , so I am looking forward to finding someone with an 80 meter SPIDER they are willing to part with or maybe go with the next pig rig for 80 meters .

Charlie , W5COV

Just finished a QSO with KY0O on 7.0307 in Kansas City - he on his HW9. I sent him to the Pig Rig site, he was not familiar with it.

Putting out between 3 and 4 watts he gave me a 599.

Thanks to Terry's label, it is a nice looking pig too.

Chip
AE5KA

Johnny AC0BQ

Congrats Chip!
I am happy to hear that you got the "Flying Pig Rig" on the air.
We need to set up a Sked in the next week or so.
Terry does a great job with the label software.
hope to heat you on the air soon.
es 72
Johnny AC0BQ

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 6:24 PM, random.path <groups@...> wrote:

Just finished a QSO with KY0O on 7.0307 in Kansas City - he on his HW9. I sent him to the Pig Rig site, he was not familiar with it.

Putting out between 3 and 4 watts he gave me a 599.

Thanks to Terry's label, it is a nice looking pig too.

Chip
AE5KA

random.path

Hi Johnny -

That would be great. Anxious to meet snout to snout with some more Pigs!

As for the picture, Terry, I'm waiting for a suitable knob to finish it off and I'll send in a picture. All the knobs in my junk box are for half-moon style shafts, not round ones. Found some nice ones on Ebay, though, and we'll just have to wait for the slow boat from China.

Chip
AE5KA