Topics

Pig Rig crystals

gary_w5rej <gary.w5rej@...>

Terry,

Is it too late to get a set of crystals for the Pig Rig?

Gary/w5rej

Bill Cromwell

On Tue, 2013-03-05 at 13:46 +0000, gary_w5rej wrote:

Terry,

Is it too late to get a set of crystals for the Pig Rig?

Gary/w5rej

Hi,

The Pig Rig is not a temptation to me so I can't brag about resisting a
purchase. I always have a radio or two running when I am in my shop
(much of every day). I don't have any of those crystals nor a pig rig
but the fancy radio is listening for pig rigs. All I'm hearing is some
faint *SPLATTER* from somebody's QRO SSB rig up the band somewhere. All
knobs and meters all the way to the right! I should still hear pig rigs
taking their first breaths.

73,

Bill KU8H

Lee Mairs (SAG) <lmairs@...>

Might the faint splatter be the oink or squeak of a fresh born piggie?
Waiting on #154.
73 de Lee
KM4YY

On Tue, 2013-03-05 at 11:37 -0500, Lee Mairs (SAG) wrote:
Might the faint splatter be the oink or squeak of a fresh born
piggie?
Waiting on #154.
73 de Lee
KM4YY

Oh Gosh Lee,

That wasn't ANY CW transmitter. That was unmistakable spurious trash
from a "wound up too tight" QRO phone transmitter. I'm betting that
ham's closer neighbors in the phone band just love him (her?). Actually
there is some SSB operation closeby and even in the 7100 to 7125 slice
of 40 meters sometimes.

73,

Bill KU8H

Proud owner of the 40 meter band