Topics

pig rig rocks

WA0ITP

Wow 16 orders so far !!

The order minimum has been met, keep 'em coming tho, Due to time constraints
I'll only be able to order once before Ocon.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA�ITP
www.qrpspots.com

Wayne Dillon

Terry,
Do the xtals I have for the SS40 (7.122 option) work, if so I have quite a few sets of 3 left???
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 3:49 PM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:

Wow 16 orders so far !!

The order minimum has been met, keep 'em coming tho, Due to time constraints
I'll only be able to order once before Ocon.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
www.qrpspots.com

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192

Jim Kortge

On 3/3/2013 4:59 PM, Wayne Dillon wrote:

Terry,
Do the xtals I have for the SS40 (7.122 option) work, if so I have
quite a few sets of 3 left???
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH
Wayne,

No, those won't work in a pig rig to get to 7.122 MHz. Those SS-40 crystal sets are actually 16+ MHz crystals used in a hetrodyning receiver environment. The pig rig is direct conversion, so needs crystals on 40 Meters. I hope all of that makes sense.

72,

Jim, K8IQY

John Lonigro

Wayne:

If you read the instructions for the Pigrig, you'll see the 3 crystals used in the filter are "highly matched and quality checked" (instruction 9).  In the transmitter alignment section (instruction 15), Diz claims the filter frequency is within 30 Hz of the operating frequency.  Any set of 3 crystals, unless similarly matched, won't work as well.

When Terry orders the crystals for the 7.122 watering hole, Diz will have to similarly match three of the four crystals for each order.  I don't think any group of three crystals marked 7.122 will work.

72,

John AA0VE