Topics

PigRig Resistor Values - epilogue

Bill Cromwell

Hi,

There may have been some people who feared smoke and flames from part of
this thread. Others have pointed out the lack of such here. Smoke and
flames erupt when we make a personal attack on somebody. Challenging
their words does not count as any part of a flame war. And it's how we
learn. Learn more about radios. Learn more about our friends here. In
spite of having more or less common ground among us no two of us are
quite the same. Some of us have dramatically different backgrounds.
Discussions like the one that just happen give us new insights and shine
the ole electric torch on heretofore unseen ways of being and doing.

I am a member of lists where I would never have made the first response
to any of the messages that followed my own answer to Lee. I know what
would happen and it ain't worth it. On *THIS* list it works.

73,

Bill KU8H

Wayne Dillon

Excellent and wise words Bill.
God Bless
Wayne - KC0PMH

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@...> wrote:

[...]

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192

John Lonigro

I've experienced smoke and flames in the context of resistors, but you're probably referring to something else. Mine usually involved unintended shorts in a circuit (mainly smoke, but flames once). - HI

John AA0VE

On 03/22/2013 09:44 AM, Bill Cromwell wrote:

[...]

Johnny AC0BQ

The main problem with the smoke is once you let it out you just can't seem to put it back!

On Friday, March 22, 2013, John R. Lonigro wrote:
I've experienced smoke and flames in the context of resistors, but
you're probably referring to something else. Mine usually involved
unintended shorts in a circuit (mainly smoke, but flames once). - HI

John AA0VE

On 03/22/2013 09:44 AM, Bill Cromwell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There may have been some people who feared smoke and flames from part of
> this thread. Others have pointed out the lack of such here. Smoke and
> flames erupt when we make a personal attack on somebody. Challenging
> their words does not count as any part of a flame war. And it's how we
> learn. Learn more about radios. Learn more about our friends here. In
> spite of having more or less common ground among us no two of us are
> quite the same. Some of us have dramatically different backgrounds.
> Discussions like the one that just happen give us new insights and shine
> the ole electric torch on heretofore unseen ways of being and doing.
>
> I am a member of lists where I would never have made the first response
> to any of the messages that followed my own answer to Lee. I know what
> would happen and it ain't worth it. On *THIS* list it works.
>
> 73,
>
> Bill KU8H

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    4sqrp-digest@...
    4sqrp-fullfeatured@...

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Bill Cromwell

Hi,

So...

Today I went to the library to look at some more music books. I turned
right one aisle too soon (left my GPS home). I looked at the shelf where
a music book should be and there at center focus stood the 2009 version
of the ARRL Handbook. Can you spell serendipity? Of course I just *HAD*
to look. They had played the usual shell game and moved the sections all
around but I found the appropriate pages and peeked. In the 20 years
between the 1988 edition and the 2009 edition ARRL included the subject
information. There are only two sentences. But it's there. I wondered
what other newfangled "stuff" might be in there and so I checked out the
Handbook and brought it home for a few days. The price was right (evil
grin). I also checked out four music books as they contain songs I want
to try and learn. Yes... "try". I only took up with music after I got
retar... er... retired. I don't stand much of a chance with that. I
started with electronics in 1955 and have come no further than this in
all those years. So the music will never be 'professional'. But music
AND radio are fun.

73,

Bill KU8H