From: John Lonigro <jonigro@...>
To: main <main@4SQRP.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Jun 1, 2020 8:34 am
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] problem with my 4SQRP Ozark Patrol Radio

Just thinking out loud here, but what if both D2 and D3 were installed backwards?  I don't have an Ozark Patrol.  I'm just relying on Curt's observations.

72,
John, AA0VE

On 6/1/20 6:28 AM, Curt via groups.io wrote:
Herb

No voltage on Q1 base implies short to ground in that circuit.  Absent an internal B-E short, the voltage should be at least 1/2V across D2 and D3.  Since you have replaced that transistor, the other possibles would be BOTH D2 & D3 shorted ( not likely ), R10 (not likely), or C4 ( possible but not likely ).

Did you ever try headphones?

Am at a loss. Sorry.

Curt