Topics

problem with my 4SQRP Ozark Patrol Radio (Fixed!)

Herb Parsons <radioherb@...>

Hi Jerry,

I just found out that the connection between the regen pot and R3 was open. I ran a wire between them and the set came alive. Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it!

Herb

-----Original Message-----
To: main <main@4SQRP.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, May 31, 2020 9:33 pm
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] problem with my 4SQRP Ozark Patrol Radio

Hi Herb,
The fact that it squeals seems to indicate the audio section is at least working. Not quite sure why voltages around Q1 are not right, so for some reason the problem seems to gravitate there. For Q1, I tried replacing it with a 2N2222, and that worked fine for me, but still your incorrect voltages around Q1 gets me wondering.
... Jerry Wysocki, KC9JXE

n5ib_2

Congrats, Herb! Good catch.
As a fan of the British mysteries, I love a good detective story where the perpetrator is discovered by good old fashioned sleuthing. Let the evidence point the way.

BTW - don't you just hate it when you miss the first part of the mystery show.... You'll find out who dunnit, but you won't know what he done :^))

Jim, N5IB

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello Jim
Thanks for your excellent troubleshooting support
on this problem.
Very kind of you to jump in.
Very 73
Stay Safe

Johnny ACØBQ 

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 5:55 PM n5ib_2 <n5ib@...> wrote:
Congrats, Herb!  Good catch.
As a fan of the British mysteries, I love a good detective story where the perpetrator is discovered by good old fashioned sleuthing. Let the evidence point the way.

BTW - don't you just hate it when you miss the first part of the mystery show....  You'll find out who dunnit, but you won't know what he done   :^))

Jim, N5IB

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Curt

Herb,

Wonderful! glad you have found the problem, you will have a lot of fun with the radio, I sure enjoy mine.

73, Curt KB5JO