Problem with Tuner Kit but no help here

PeteWK8S

Would like to make this kit work. RED LED stays lit during tuning process and never goes out even with 1:1 load such as dummy load.

Can anyone offer some help here?

Pete WK8S

John - KK4ITX

Pete,

If you followed the manual exactly you probably have the LED colors reversed....... see the addendum.  The schematic is correct but the Assembly Manual text has them reversed.

If they are correctly placed the inspect the diode in the Red LED area and check the 2N3906 at Q2 for correct wiring.

Other possible issues with the Pittsburgh style that I have had is bad solder joints.  Not so many components to check out.

GL,

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On May 18, 2021, at 00:21, PeteWK8S via groups.io <pmeier@...> wrote:

Would like to make this kit work. RED LED stays lit during tuning process and never goes out even with 1:1 load such as dummy load.

Can anyone offer some help here?

Pete WK8S

Bob Parr

Search the online group.  If I can find the link I may post it later.  This does not seem totally uncommon.  The soultion a few have used (I have not gotten around to trying it myself) is to put a small trimmer pot in there and "calibrate" it to your dummy load.

Bob